News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Monday's City Council Meeting - How Did I Miss It?

Started by jay, July 17, 2012, 08:28:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Rick Rowlands

Whoopie!  Big F-ing deal.  Daylight savings time!   Those self serving politicians just want to continue feathering their nest.  They have thumbed their noses at the residents of Youngstown and know that they will be voted in again and again.  Its infuriating.

Towntalk

Only 4 of the 17 amendmants will be on the ballot in November according to 33 News.

The four involve complying with daylight savings time, having a conflict-of-interest policy for city workers, ward redistricting and eliminating term limits for mayor.

Lynn

There was a write up in the paper on Fri, the 13th  and they briefly mentioned the meeting that was taking place on Monday .  That's all i saw.   Phil Kidd's  "Defendyoungstown.com" blog  also had some  info about the upcoming meetings.   

jay

I check the "Agenda Section" of the newspaper for a listing of public meetings taking place on the following day.

On Sunday, July 15, the "Agenda Section" did not list the Youngstown City Council meeting taking place on Monday, July 16.  Was the council meeting listed anywhere else in the newspaper on Sunday?

It was at the Monday council meeting that council decided which charter proposals to place on the fall ballot.