News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Next Parade In Youngstown

Started by jay, July 06, 2012, 06:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

sfc_oliver

Quote from: iwasthere on July 09, 2012, 03:53:19 PM
sarge when and where?

That was last years, I'll post once i hear from the council about this years ceremonies. I've missed the last 2 meetings, But i should be healthy enough to make the rest of them this year...
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on July 08, 2012, 07:13:50 PM
How about a Veterans Day Parade? I would suggest a Labor Day parade but god forbid the conservatives would allow us to celebrate labor in the 21st century.....

The United Veterans Council does plan a Ceremony in the County Courthouse, and then they move from there to the veterans memorial on the square for another short ceremony.

I attended last year. Not exactly a parade but the public is invited.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Yup, can't compete against the Canfield Fair....how silly of me.......

Towntalk

The only problem with Labor Day is that it's traditionally the closing day of the Canfield Fair.

irishbobcat

How about a Veterans Day Parade? I would suggest a Labor Day parade but god forbid the conservatives would allow us to celebrate labor in the 21st century.....

Lynds

look for a Columbus Day Parade in October.

Towntalk

:)  Those were the days when parades were parades downtown.

northside lurker

I know it's not the point of your photo, but I hate that the buildings between McCrory's and Silver's have been made so ugly by "modernization."
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

jay

Is the next parade in Youngstown the holiday parade in December?