News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Attention Youngstown Businesses - Charter Changes - March 30

Started by jay, March 29, 2012, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

iwasthere

the mayor wants council to have more say in contracts matters then the board of control that is the reason to lower the bid amt.

Rick Rowlands

As the value of the dollar declines, the bid threshold should be raised not lowered. 

jay

One charter change will affect the business community.  The change would require bid contracts for a much lower dollar amount.

Currently it is $25,000.
The proposal is to require bids for anything over $10,000.

Towntalk

Communicate???  ???   Commnicate you say?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  That gaggle of half baked clowns are worthless to the extreme all the way down from the mayor on down to the janitors. As worthless as the people that put them in office. Just look back at Jay's entries about council meetings, and the many photos that he has shared with us over the years ... thanks so much for your efforts Jay.

Rick Rowlands

They need to get with the 21t century and hold these meetings on gotomeeting.com  I would have attended that but I'm not going downtown for a meeting that I may or may not be interested in.

Its not that hard to do, but maybe it is for govt. to embrace new ways of communicating with the people.

jay

Only four attended

One from an institution
One from a neighborhood watch
One from a business organization
Another was a businessman from Trumbull County.

jay

Youngstown Charter Review Commission
Special Meeting For The Business Community

Friday, March 30
11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.

- Location -
Basement Meeting Room
Main Library
Wick Avenue
Youngstown, Ohio