News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What is your opinion

Started by Tim Sokoloff, November 10, 2011, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should trained Paranormal Investigators be allowed into Cemeteries, Churches, Funeral Homes iand other potential sites if the Owners are in favor of it it?

Yes, if it can benefit them and it does no harm why not
5 (71.4%)
I think that Cemeteries should be excluded
0 (0%)
I think that Churces should be excluded
2 (28.6%)
I think Cemereries and Churches should be excluded
0 (0%)
I think they should leave well enough alone and not come to our area
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Towntalk

I must confess that I am a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal and a total disbeliever in the notion of aliens and so called UFO's. To this end I would totally disapprove of so-called ghost hunters rambling around my church, or any church for that matter which is after all the house of God. First because it is sacred ground, and secondly because it flies in the face against Christian; Jewish and Islamic teachings.

As to wandering around a grave yard in search of a stray ghost at the stroke of midnight on a moonless night, especially an old one that has fallen into disuse, I have no opinion one way or the other.

Certainly paranormal research has become popular thanks in no small part to the ghost hunter programs on the SyFi Channel, and yes, I freely admit that I watch them, just as I watch the History Channel shows that claim that the human race was cloned here on Earth by a race of people from a far distent planet in a far distent universe, but that doesn't say that I believe it. And as for so-called flying saucers and crop circles, pure rubbish from start to finish.

If ghost hunting can benefit your project with the S&T Homes, go for it and more power to you.

Tim Sokoloff

recently our organization entered into talks with a Paranormal Investigations firm in Virginia Beach Virginia known as Paranormal Encounters. Thier objective is to create a tour based upon sites in our valley that would be of interest to investigators worldwide in order to bring visitors and revenue to our area. Like any tour company, they have financial motivations of their own but they are all solid tried and true professionals who have made several trips to the valley and more than proven their commitment to follow through with their plan if we can get enough sites to put on a tour.

We have approached many types of potential sites including, but by far not limited to Churches, cemeteries, funeral homes, old mansions, old mill and industrial buildings and much more. A debate has started in my city as to the ethics of people walking around in say, a cemetery at night with a camera and an EMF detector. Just WALKING AROUND TAKING PICTURES AND LOOKING AT A LITTLE GREEN SCREEN. I have been told by a few that we should not as a community entertain this idea and that our Paranormal friends should go home.

The poll question here sums it up and Iron Soup would like your opinion.

In the meantime, we are continuing our mission to prove that we are the #1 most motivated organization in this valley to bring change, prosperity and progress to our valley. Oh and thank you again Mr. Ron Eiselstein who is helping to lead the way in creating a tour for our valley and, he may have come up with a way to save some of our valley's most important history. Due to the enourmous amount of activity currently going on in our orgqanization I do not have time to post here. We are changing our Iron Soup website soon in order to be able to keep everyone updated as to what we are doing as our current site is to complex to change that much. Also we are migrating all of our video to YouTube so that anyone on our staff can post updates.

Thank you all for viewingt this and we will let you know when the new ironsoup.com is up and running.