News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Merit Pay For Teachers

Started by jay, May 09, 2011, 09:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irishbobcat

The answer is sarge that you have to revamp support for children, parents, society, and the schools.....

which will cost dollars..which you won't want to part with......

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on May 13, 2011, 09:44:02 AM
Sarge,

Give us some answers.....since you know it all, perfessor......

Oh please, I readily admit when I don't have the answers. I am not an educator. Though I am (or at least was) a qualified US Army Instructor. Talk to me about the US military in general or Combat Communications in particular. I can probably answer the questions.

You are supposed to be part of our education system.  And you have no answers about your own line of work.

I fear for our children.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

irishbobcat

Sarge,

Give us some answers.....since you know it all, perfessor......

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on May 12, 2011, 07:48:02 PM
So you're saying society is not different today than the 60's....

Man, you are on drugs.......

so professor,

tell us, what special magic do Mooney and Ursuline teachers have that their city counterparts do not have?

Yeah I must be on drugs to actually ask you a question and expect an answer.  But never mind, you've shown us the answer.

irishbobcat

So you're saying society is not different today than the 60's....

Man, you are on drugs.......

so professor,

tell us, what special magic do Mooney and Ursuline teachers have that their city counterparts do not have?

sfc_oliver

So you are saying that parents, children, and society are different today than in the 60's. And that the teaching profession has been unable to keep up.

So you are telling us that the public school system is a failure.

Or do you want to dance around it some more?

You see I never had children in the Youngstown area public schools. I know I had a fair education back in the 60's and early 70's. But my kids attended DOD schools for the most part. So what happened? You really are making our educators look pretty bad here....

irishbobcat

Answer the question, Sargent......that is an order.......

sfc_oliver

So you don't have an answer. Why not just say so.

irishbobcat

What politics, Sarge.......??????????

answer the question yourself........ are parents, children and society different today than in the 60's??????

If you don't think so, then you are on drugs, or you ought to be.......

When Mooney and Ursuline begain accepting every student into their buildings like the city schools do....(students with special needs, etc......)

and if their "scores and sucess" would continue, then you can crow about how successful they are.....

But when you can pick only 400 kids that are the cream of the crop in the city....you ought to be successful.....( as well as cream of the crop outside y-town as well.....)

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on May 12, 2011, 09:53:33 AM
Sarge, are children, parents, and society any different today than the 60's????????

I rest my case......

When Mooney and Ursuline began accepting every student into their buildings like the city schools do....

and if their "scores and sucess" would continue, then you can crow about how successful they are.....

I'm sorry, was that supposed to answer the question?
What will it take, as you are part of our education system, to fix the mess in Youngstown public schools?
Or what is the problem with the system?

Can you seriously answer one or both of those questions? Without the politics please......

irishbobcat

Sarge, are children, parents, and society any different today than the 60's????????

I rest my case......

When Mooney and Ursuline began accepting every student into their buildings like the city schools do....

sfc_oliver

Ever wonder why parents who are not catholic and do not want to raise their children as catholic spend their money to send their children to catholic schools?

Must be something wrong with the public schools?

What makes today different from the 60's?

Please explain this to us Dennis. You are supposed to know, aren't you? It appears that you are blaming the children...

irishbobcat

Why town......

typical neo-con response as well......

do you know anything about educational instruction other than being in school yourself?

Why?Town

Typical neo-lib response, It's not our fault!  We're  victims! We cannot possibly control our own destiny!

WOW! That was kinda fun!

irishbobcat

ytowner...give it a break....stick the teachers from Mooney and Ursuline into Chaney and East for a year

and see how much "success" they have.......

please....if Chaney and East had the student body (pick of the litter...cream of the crop) that Mooney and Ursuline had....they would be successful as well......