News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Austintown Loop, The New WRTA Bus Route

Started by jay, March 13, 2011, 05:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

mrniles266

:)I was able to get a map and schedule for the #55 Austowntown Loop. I wanted to post it. I don't know how. Help!

jay

MrNiles,

We discussed the Struthers-Buckeye in September of last year.
Check this link.
mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8899.msg28902#msg28902

mrniles266

???They had he schedule, but no map. I saw a few things that were confusing about the schedules and maps at first glance. They have a Buckeye-Struthers and a Struthers- Buckeye. Both numbered 33. Both leaving at 10 minutes after. Does that make scense? Wouldn't it make scense to have one at 40 minutes after. People could choose which one is best for them to take. The 33B would be the Buckeye first. The 33S would be the Struthers part first. I like more circulator routes. For example, for the North side. The routes are short.The smaller buses could be used. Pick the main North and South and East and West routes. Use the small buses to feed the main lines. Add service to main lines with connections to the circulators.

jay

Schedules which include the map and timetable are available at the WRTA Federal Station or online at the WRTA website.

mrniles266

No maps or schedules. It would be helpful.

Why?Town

I've never ridden the bus so please excuse me if my questions are somewhat silly.

If I worked from 8am to 4:30pm at Infocision and didn't live beside Federal Station how would I get on/off the bus?

If I lived very close to Austintown plaza and started work at Infocision at 11:00 I could get to work but how would I get home 8 hours later?

jay

The 55-Austintown Loop Starts Monday, March 14

This bus will travel around Austintown connecting residents with shopping and employment opportunities.

Major destinations

Infocision
Austintown Plaza
Austinwoods
Rulli Brothers