News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Landbank a Success"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, March 12, 2011, 09:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Man, I am glad I am older with a little bit of wisdom now.  The MVOC (ACORN) tactic of guerilla hit and run is so old and funny, I am not the "Man" guys.  Like Ho Chi Min, you guys will learn that you die without free enterprise, so give it up and come over from the dark side.  Don't worry, we don't hate you, we just want to show you how to be productive and not live off of grants and pork.

Novotny, why don't you let us show you how to continue with your deconstruction machine and we will help, not just me, the free enterprise system.  If you guys forget about public funding, we can introduce to you the Big oil companies who need the acreage as I outlined here on this site.  If we assemble all the delinquent lands which will have abandoned houses on them, they are currently paying $2000 an acre.  This my son will give you the funding to deconstruct not selfdestruct. If you are still afraid of me, call Jim Pirko, he told me about this deconstruction machine you have investigated.  Again son, I have recycled over 50 houses by moving them when I was your age so I walk the talk when it comes to recycling houses.

Youngstownshrimp

Alright! it lives!  Novotny is alive.  How's the MVOC Steve, they treating you okay?  I'll answer your questions but you must answer mine also and no tantrums and name calling okay?  Since I last heard from you the City lost more population huh?.

1.  Did I understand you correctly, all demolitions in the City went through asbestos testing and removal?
2.  How many deconstruction projects did you do and what were the cost and did the City profit?
3.  Since 1976 what percentage of the City landbank property became tax paying?

Here are some facts on Caraga, all the taxes prior to 2005, thousands of dollars worth of taxes were cleaned up by ? yes my organization.  And there is more, just recently my group cleaned up all the taxes to over 40 acres on the east side.  Oh, and my organization just bought the certs. to 120 acres more in Youngstown, but of course this is none of your business.  Did you buy a house yet in Youngstown, just one property to help the City?  Steve do want to hear something funny, one 22acre tract has a $400K new pump station built on it by guess who???  Yeh, the City without buying the land, not even eminent domain, they just squated on it since the old owner was dead.  So who now owns the pump station?  Not the City.

Okay Steve time to grow up, unless you question all the delinquent taxpayers in the City, you will get no answer from me.  You and the MVOC know very well that thousands of property even the Mayor's Church (landholdings) are delinquent so quit acting like I am the lone one out there.   Even the Covelli Center owes millions. Time to debate the issues son.

Youngstownshrimp

At 5:30 tomorrow, the MVRIA(Mahoning Valley Realty Investors Assoc.) and Lien Forward will reveal to the public how the new Landbank, not the City landbank which produces nothing for the last fifty years, this new County Landbank is going to set us free, it is going to remove blight and all the abandoned houses will be renovated.  The meeting will be at the Fifth Season's Banquet hall on 46.

Youngstownshrimp

Deconstruction is still a good idea and I have posted this prior to Novotny and the City bureaucracy running it into the ground.  The reason deconstruction failed is very simple, Novotny allowed another layer of cost and bureaucracy to be added to the endeavor without realizing outright demolition was doing the same thing at a lower cost and without the layer (EPA asbestos).  This is what happens when good intended people try to create public policy without any track record of their own.  This is Youngstown politics.

The County Landbank, many of you read my thoughts on this and my company has more experience than any entity when it comes to tax certs. and City property.  The landbank can work if it follows and learns and absorbs the dynamics of what is in play today, at the speed of business.  Here are the facts today as we speak.  All land greater than five acres are already and currently being absorbed by investors.  Let me say this again, so it sinks in, all the tax certs. are in the cookie cutter stage with many being titled every week.  The only remaining property will be groups of one to fifty city lots and also abandoned houses.

I have read HB 313 and have met with people-in-the know and attorneys.  The new landbank plans to fund themselves with late fees, if abandoned properties in the city do not produce taxes, how will they produce late fees?  So the late fees have to come from good taxpayers who run into hard times and incur late fees and must pay them to keep their homes.  Wow!  I can see civil unrest here.  Clearing the title of the remaining abandoned homes and land will be an average of $2400 per owner, us investors lived thru this and we all know it is not cost effective to clean the properties this way.

This is the only way a landbank will work, forget about initially going after clear title first, and  late fees won't be enough.  The treasurers office very economically can file motions for receiverships on abandoned properties, just like the YNDC did recently.  This motion will allow the new landbank to initially sell the mineral rights to the oil companies and immediately begin cashflow.  With this tremendous amount of revenue stream, property can be demo'd and titles cleared.  Sensitive issue here, this landbank must not abuse its powers and disrespect the equity of the title holder or heir.  In other words, behind every vacant and abandoned house, there is a warm human being somewhere.