News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Business in Old Big Lots

Started by Micky, July 31, 2007, 07:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

JC PENNY has a HIGH markup on nearly  EVERYTHING they sell, as do most big department stores like Dillard's, Macy's etc.

DICK's has sales often where they bring the high-end shoes down in price.
They also offer the high price shoes.

Here is a link to the Value City store locater:
http://valuecity.com/StoreLoc.do
The store locater is listed in an article on this website which lists  weekly circulars for many stores.
http://mahoningvalley.info/content/view/69/2/

Values city location results-
Value City Home
Sun 11am-7pm, Mon-Thurs 10am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-9:30pm
1140 BOARDMAN-POLAND RD.
POLAND, OH 44514
330-629-7300

Value City
Sun 11am-7pm, Mon-Thurs 10am-9pm, Fri-Sat 10am-9:30pm
1130 BOARDMAN-POLAND RD.
POLAND, OH 44514
330-758-0224

Towntalk

First off, I have absolutely no intention of arguing with you or anyone else so don't even go there. As to what you paid for your shoes, again, in the grand scheme of things, their importance rises just above the amount of time it takes an earthworm to get from point A to point B.

Obviously you don't listen to the news, because the amount of goods coming in from China IS a major national issue, as is the amount of goods that China is knocking off, the quality of their goods in terms of safety, and the effect it's having on the American economy.

When it's almost impossible to buy products made in the USA ... when this country starts buying imported food stuffs that were once produced here, when most of the cloths we wear are imported, and when American workers are tossed onto the welfare lines because to the loss of jobs, or when both parents has to work two and three jobs just to keep their heads above water, then preach to me about how great these bargain goods are.

shantrivialand

QuoteThere are many news reports about kids being beaten up and robbed of their high price shoes, so you can bet your bottom dollar that the shoe that these discount stores are selling are not the real thing.

I will bet you $100 dollars that the shoes I bought from Dick's, Gabriel Bros and one of the discount shoe places in the mall are the real thing.  Yes, they sell high price Nikes/Reeboks, and yes, kids have been beaten up for their high priced shoes.  However, these same shoe companies also sell cheaper shoes for the rest of us who don't give a rats butt about looking cool in front of our friends.  Dick's, Gabes and the discount place in the mall are NOT going to sell countefeit shoes.  All of these or national companies who would get busted quicker than greased lightning.  Companies like this couldn't afford to have something like counterfeit shoes ruining their rep.

As far as items from China being recalled, 2,000 items is a relatively small number compared to the amount of goods China sends over here. 

Towntalk

Try pricing those very same shoes at Southern Park Mall or Eastwood Mall. Also look at where they are made. America is being flooded with counterfit goods from China as well as products that have to be recalled. CNN reports that some 2000 items from China have been placed on the banned list by the feds ... food ... toys ... pet food just to name three catagories.

There are many news reports about kids being beaten up and robbed of their high price shoes, so you can bet your bottom dollar that the shoe that these discount stores are selling are not the real thing.

Dis a quick ON-LINE price check and found these prices at J C Penny and from Fila's web site:

Reebok (Adults) $40 - $55
Nike (Adults) $40 - $65
Fila (Adults) $65 - $120

Didn't Value City go out of business recently?

shantrivialand

I buy Nikes/Adidas and pay about 40 to 50 bucks a pair from Dick's.  I have bought them cheaper at Gabriel Bros.  They aren't counterfeit.

ForumManager

You can go into Dicks and buy those brands for $30 sometimes  on sale and Value City also carries them.  Are those counterfeits?

Micky

That's what I thought too, just like the vendor stands around town that sell these shoes for the same price. 

I wonder who purchased the building and who will be selling the shoes.

Towntalk

If they are selling Reebok, Niki New Balance and Fila shoes at $29.99 you can bet that they are counterfits made in China or seconds, but my money is on counterfit. You're talking about $100+ shoes.

Micky

The banner sign across the building stated that the "Shoe Warehouse" would be selling all Nike, New Balance, Reebok, and Fila shoes for $29.99.

There is nothing posted about when the store will be opening but a small sign on the front door directs deliveries to the rear entrance.

Towntalk

Thanks Mickey. There is a small shoe Store in the Liberty Plaza, but they don't have my size. When Pay Less was there, I had no problem, but for some reason they moved out.

Micky

The address is 886 E. Midlothian Blvd - It's between South Ave and Zedaker St.

It's in a small plaza with the Utopia and a PayDay (?) Cash Advance.  Across the street is a car wash and the Dollar General.

Hopefully we'll ride past it tomorrow and we'll look closer at the sign.  Hopefully they'll sell decent shoes.  I don't believe that there are any shoe stores within Youngstown city limits. 

jay

Are there any other shoe stores within the city limits of Youngstown?  I can't think of any at the moment.

Towntalk

Mickey what is the address for that Shoe Store you're talking about. I'm not familiar with that area and would appreciate more info. Thanks for telling us.

Micky

There is a sign on the old Big Lots building on Midlothian Blvd advertising a Shoe Warehouse - shoes for $29.99.