News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

BREAKING NEWS - MAIL SERVICE

Started by Towntalk, February 06, 2013, 08:50:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Bulk rate, whatever that is depending on the weight.

Those folks that do not have direct deposit may be inconvienced (pension checks etc.) but generally I doubt that many folks will complain. I only get the occassional piece of junk mail. All my bills come to me via the internet and I do online banking so I won't miss anything. As to the ads you speak of Jay, I don't evenneed those as the same ads can be viewed online (grocery ads).

jay

Question

The first class postage rate just went up again.  Did the rate for junk mail also go up?

Some days I only receive a bundle of ads in the mail just like the ones inserted in the Youngstown newspaper.  How much does the post office charge to deliver these store ads which have to weigh several ounces?

Towntalk

The U.S. Postal Service plans to stop delivering letters and other first-class mail on Saturdays, beginning August 1, although packages will continue to be delivered.

Tired of waiting for Congress to help, the Postal Service later today is expected to unveil a series of more drastic cuts it plans to pursue that will save billions of dollars, a representative for the service said.

It's unclear at the moment how the Postal Service has the authority to quit delivering letters on Saturdays. Previously, it has said it needed Congress to change the current law to do so. However, two sources confirmed to CNN that the plan includes an end to Saturday mail service except for package delivery, which has seen growth in the past few years.