News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Four Seasons Flea Market Building

Started by jay, May 07, 2009, 06:31:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

it will be a sight to see better then those teabag protesters at these townhall meetings concerning the healthcare debate.

Rick Rowlands

Now that sounds like fun.  Looking forward to it!

iwasthere

rr that is correct about the hole in the bldg. a confused driver, a gas pedal that thought it was a brake, wham and you have a hole in the bldg. rr why loudly discuss on hifi when you can do it in person at the flea market. we the forum members can meet there under the steel porch roof and see what will send sparks first the lightening or the our discussions? ;D

Rick Rowlands

Will the new building have WIFI so we can still argue and bicker on the Mahoning Valley Forum while there?

AllanY2525

I don't think the building will have a problem with lightning strikes - it is an
all-metal structure that (I am certain) is properly grounded already.  Code
would require it.

The problem I see is that the building itself IS a lightning rod.  If lightning
were to strike the building, anyone inside would be perfectly safe - it's
people in close proximity to the building on the OUTSIDE that would be
at risk.

Maybe the owner should install some elevated lighning rods on a couple
of poles - lightning seeks the shortest path to earth/electrical ground
and would be attracted to the lightning rods before it reached the
building below.

I'm no electrical expert but my grandma used lightning rods on her barn
because the roof and some of the sides were corrugated steel - problem
was that the walls from the ground up were made of clapboard wood siding
and the structure was not grounded because of this, hence the lightning
rods ON the building.

Rick Rowlands

Is that the cause of the small hole in the wall on the rt. 422 side of the building?

iwasthere

the new four seasons flea market bldg opening will be delayed due to an 80 year old campbell driver confused the gas pedal as the brake pedal. ;D i guess if the owner of the flea market did not have bad luck he would have no luck at all.

iwasthere

Smokey do not blame the owners of the same junk at four seasons but the vendors, who rents the space and supply their own shelves with their own sought out items for sell to the public.

Smokey362

Having that fire was the best thing that happened to 4seasons.  they had the SAME junk in there for the past 10 years.  the new building?  they better install some lightning rods....an all metal building at the top of a hill, next to a lake?  Hmmmmm  makes you wonder.  in the winter, the ONLY good thing about that building was the bathrooms smelled better.  Good luck.

irishbobcat

Super! Renewable energy comes to the valley! May be the start of something big!

Maggy

The owner is looking into a wind turbine for the property and as I'm sure you know there are now rooftop models.

jay

You are correct.  The building's owner missed a golden opportunity to design for future solar applications.  Not only could he have produced all the electricity he needed, he could have sold the excess electricity back to the grid.

irishbobcat

Too bad roof is not facing south/north...think of all the solar panels you could put on that baby........

Dennis wouldn't be paying electricity for almost 9 mouths out of the year!

jay

In this photo, workers are installing thick insulation to the front wall and then covering it with sheet metal exterior panels.

jay

The new Four Seasons Flea Market building is taking shape.  The original building burned last year.   The new building is constructed with cement, steel, brick, fiberglass, and sheet metal.

Click on the photo for a larger view