News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

F&N Market - Hear The Story

Started by jay, April 21, 2009, 06:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

There is always a lot of activity around these inner city stores.  There used to be one on Albert Street by Republic Rubber.  I remember seeing a lot of people hanging around the spot.  Now that it is closed that end of the street is much quieter. Wherever there is a place to congregate there are opportunities for enemies to interact.

iwasthere

the neighbors and the store's owner must sit down and discuss a positive solution to the criminal activities that occurs at this business and in this neighborhood. the neighbors and owner should contact their city council rep. to discuss a blockwatch or a neighborhood assoc. group to deter criminal activities. community involvement is a must in this type of situation.

Mary_Krupa

If I am wrong, correct me. It seems there are two buildings in this one spot with an empty lot in between and not much else on the block. If this is true, why is the criminal element attracted to this spot?  What about this spot makes it easy for them to bring down the quality of our neighborhoods?  It's got to be something!
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

iwasthere

THERE AIS ALWAYS TWO SIDES OF THE STORIES AND SOMETIMES SEVERAL SIDES AS WELL. THE STORY OWNER SHOULD SETUP A BLOCKWATCH IN HIS STORE'S NIEGHBORHOOD TO DETER CRIMINAL ACTIVITIES.

solomianohio

it is not fair to penalize the owner for the street crimes , I go there all the time for 30 years as a female he protects his customers he watch's till you are safely in your ride.  He is the only business left in that area that survived all the crime in that area especially.  Thats a shame to penalize for the crime problems in his area that can not be his control.  I am sure if he had the right he would, protect all but it would not be legal as a business owner with certain fire arm  power..  Blame the people who are carrying the firearms illegally

jay

Sometime today the Louie Free Talk Show is supposed to interview the owner of the F&N Market on Shehy Street.  A recent murder took place near the store, and the Youngstown police chief wants to close the store.  The store's owner claims his business is not the source of the neighborhood's problems.

WASN
1500-AM
Tuesday, April 21, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.