News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

W.P.A.

Started by jay, December 11, 2010, 03:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

I have a friend in the landscaping business. This time of year he does snow removal, as do most landscapers. He pays $8 to $9 dollars an hour to start and isn't afraid to pay proven good employees more than that. While I wouldn't consider working for him a life-long career for most people, $8+ per hour to start isn't exactly peanuts in this economy. You wouldn't believe the difficulty he has getting employees to show up for work and to work when they do show up.

He gets his employees from this area's pool of people looking for jobs and willing to accept that kind of work. Do we really need the government to create more taxpayer subsidised jobs in that sector?

irishbobcat

Hatred? Who me?....this thread was about the WPA before Neo-Con OldMill had to turn it into union bashing....

stay on topic !

Rick Rowlands

Here is another evil neocon saying Merry Christmas Dennis!  May your firery hatred keep you warm this winter when the snow covers over your solar panels and a winter storm blows down your windmill!

irishbobcat

Well, Pal, you are an evil neo-con...and a bitter one....at that.....

jay

Example

We are expecting a lot of snow in the next few days.  The entire community would benefit if some people were hired to clear snow from sidewalks and apply icemelt as needed.

irishbobcat

What unions fought for built the middle class....now you neo-cons want to destroy all unions and go back to an age of the have's and have-nots....

And what happen to the have-nots?.....Watch the movie "Titanic" again....the better class survived....third class citizens were allowed to die.....

Is this the America you want to go back to? Keep voting Neo-Con Republican......I'm voting progressively Green......

irishbobcat

yes....we need a wpa to get ohio and the usa back to work.....

jay

Do you favor creating W.P.A. styled programs for the unemployed in the Mahoning Valley?

This emblem was on a section of sidewalk in Youngstown.  I'de say it was a good investment and the section of sidewalk held up quite well for 73 years.