News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

TOMORROW (Mon.) 3PM: Press Conference Regarding Response to NSPII Announcement

Started by DefendYoungstown, January 17, 2010, 11:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

ytownnewsandviews did you attend the conference yesterday? i did i wonder what HUD saw in the applications that we did not see? names, cities, past history about civic leaders that made HUD say no to any monies? the surest and fairest solution HUD should have divided up the monies to all cities that applied then that would eliminated any hard feelings. ???

ytowner

Locally, I see a bunch of politicians with (D)'s next to their names acting all upset about not getting money. Give me a break. You can put on a good act, but sooner or later people will wake up and realize that these guys only care about votes, not results.

Want to know why I'm right: It's been that way the past forty years and what have we seen in terms of results?!

woozle

Youngstownshrimp

Woo Man Chu,  there is a lot of truth to the spirit of your writings.

Many do not know the history of our great generals.  Pershing, Eisenhower, MacArthur and Funston, all got their intruduction to the carnage of war fighting the "Moro" islamic tribes of Mindanao.  Infact, the 45 Colt was quickly designed to replace the standard 38 , because it couldn't stop the Moro running "Amok" on beetlejuice as he did jihad.  The Generals learned then that Jihadist looks at liberalism as a weakness of the infidels and the inability to be decisive in war is a sign of cowardice. 

I am here because my grandfather of Ohio volunteered to subdue the "Moros" with the great Generals back in the other turn of the century.  I am the first generation to return and all I see here in the great land of Ohio, is "give me more pork, juice up my food card,  where is my section 8(HUD) house?  We have turned into a community of spoiled brats.  It is our job to decry injustice at all levels.

woozle

Ytownshrimp your a newbe in this town, I've been here sence 1973..
Dont start talking about us rednecks... I drive a truck you know.. here is how a redneck feel's.. :-X

Are you a Democrat, a Republican, or a Redneck?

Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question:

#You're walking down a
deserted street with your wife
and
two small children.

Suddenly, an Islamic
Terrorist with a huge knife
comes
around the corner, locks eyes with you,
screams obscenities, praises
Allah, raises the
knife, and charges at you.

You are carrying a
Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot.

You have mere seconds
before he reaches you and your family. What
do
you do?

THINK CAREFULLY AND
THEN SCROLL DOWN:

Democrat's
Answer :

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does
the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that
would inspire
him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife
think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club
and knock
the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about
this situation?
Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind
of message
does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be
happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would
he be
content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold
on, could my
family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call
9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have
paint and weed day and
make this happier, healthier street that
would
discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to
debate this with
some friends for few days and try to come to a
consensus.

Republican's
Answer:

BANG!

Redneck's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG !
Click.... (Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
BANG! BANG!
BANG! Click
Daughter: 'Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those
the
Winchester 
Silver Tips or Hollow Points?! '
Son: 'Can I shoot the next
one?!'
Wife: 'You ain't taking that to the Taxidermist

Youngstownshrimp

"No more Crack for the Crackheads!"  We are addicted to pork, it is now obvious, we no longer make our own way and we sell our votes to whoever promises us more "rock."

Can we ever shed our image?  Only if we get rid of the highly addicted pork dealers and their entourage who feed off the funds for their own pockets.

Here's a hint, if they suck up taxes and have cushy jobs and jump in front of a camera to tout their unproven projects, they are a redneck.

woozle

I just think they all tell us, What they think we want to hear.. No real solution to the problem at hand.. It's the Boys Club.. But don't worry they will just print more money... on the backs of the People.. And Jobs??  They want us all to depend on the government.. According to them We don't need any Jobs.. We the People have been getting the shaft for a long time now, Long before I was born... and probably before anyone else here alive today... The public voters need to do their homework before going to the polls, Make our leaders accountable, don't just vote Democrat or Republican... Vote for the good of our country & community's..

The rest of the world just thinks we are just a bunch of yahoo's... Do any of you think the rust belt will ever shed it's poor image?

Youngstownshrimp

Wow, sounds like the beginning of a proletariat uprising.  I believe it was Karl Marx who said "all government is evil."   I'm impressed, it looks like the younger generation can see thru all the "Pork" and are tired of all the promises of, "give me money and I will create jobs and prosperity, oh, and don't forget to include my salary of $80K, so I can make all this happen".  "Yea, I know I have no track record, but I did a study and our plan is like all the other plans to demo and create more landbanks".  This will work, look at Cleveland!

ytowner

Quote from: woozle on January 18, 2010, 03:51:37 PM
I went down Blah Blah Blah Blah..  I say we vote all of them out of office..
Ditto. They can all stand up in front of that podium and act all tough and upset, but the bottom line this is NOTHING new. We are taken for granted year after year by these politicians. Nothing will change until we get some conservative leadership in this area.

woozle

I went down Blah Blah Blah Blah..  I say we vote all of them out of office..

DefendYoungstown

MVOC will host a press conference with public, business, and community leaders from Trumbull and Mahoning counties tomorrow (Monday, Jan 18th) beginning at 3pm on the basement level of the Commerce Building (201 E. Commerce St. a.k.a. "The Youngstown Club Building") in response to the Mahoning Valley's exclusion of second round funding through the federal Neighborhood Stabilization Program.

Among those included in the press conference will be Congressman Tim Ryan, Mayors Jay Williams and Michael O'Brien as well as leadership from the 7 other communities included in the unprecedented, collaborative joint application.

Your support is welcomed and desired. Please join other members of the community tomorrow at 3pm if you are able to do so.

Thanks everyone. Hope to see you tomorrow.