News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

New Unemployment Rate

Started by jay, December 23, 2009, 06:10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Please keep this thread civil without name calling.  It is getting hot in here.
THANK YOU

And BTW -  Thanks Kenny Jo for questioning the timeframes ... seems many times a president will get blamed for not being able to rectify issues that previous administrations put into motion.

irishbobcat

Racial discord plays a critical role in determining beliefs about the poor. Since minorities are highly represented amongst the poorest americans, any income-based redistribution measures will redistribute particularly to minorities. The opponents of redistribution have regularly used race based rhetoric to fight left-wing policies.
---Alesnia, Glaeser, Sacerdote: 3 Harvard economists who conclude race is the most important factor in America's lack of a western European welfare state, 2001.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: sfc_oliver on December 27, 2009, 10:47:20 AM
I'm sorry, did you just call conservatives racists?
Shut your mouth fool.
If I heard that on other boards that I write on your ears would be burning for months.
That has got to be the stupidest thing you have ever posted and you've posted plenty to compare it to.

And this makes conservatives racists? You need to get the hell out of the education business. My apologies to any I might offend but this fool needs to shut the hell up. And that's using my mildest language.

Reagan exaggerating about a woman who was guilty of welfare fraud does not make conservatives racist.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

kenneyjoe330

I usually don't get into this kind of discussion - however I rather recall specifically that it was Presidents Nixon and Ford that signed the papers that made it OK for Lykes (sp?) to buy Youngstown Sheet and Tube despite the disapproval of both the Attorney General and the Secretary of Labor which certainly didn't HELP the steel industry one bit.  The end result did happen under President Carter's Watch - however it was all set up way before the actual happening.  If I am at all or some what wrong can someone set me straight ?  I would appreciate others point of view.

irishbobcat

During his run for president in 1976, Ronald Reagan coined the term "welfare queen", after grossly exaggerating a case of welfare fraud in Chicago. He didn't mention the woman's race, he didn't need to.

When Reagan started his 1980 campaign for President, He began his campaign with a speech on state's rights near a fairground in Philadelphia, Mississippi, the town where 3 civil rights workers were murdered in 1964. Everyone got the message.

sfc_oliver

Quote from: irishbobcat on December 26, 2009, 07:55:58 PM
The pattern is that conservatives don't want government to create jobs because those jobs usually help the poor....who then form unions....who then become a voting bloc against the conservatives.

Conservatives don't want equality.....they want the poor to stay poor so they can't or won't go to the polls.....

Conservatives advocate policies that hurt the most people.

Conservatives win because they exploit the racial division of our land.

Greens advocate policies that help people....

I'm sorry, did you just call conservatives racists?
Shut your mouth fool.
If I heard that on other boards that I write on your ears would be burning for months.
That has got to be the stupidest thing you have ever posted and you've posted plenty to compare it to.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

Quote from: irishbobcat on December 26, 2009, 07:55:58 PM
The pattern is that conservatives don't want government to create jobs because those jobs usually help the poor....who then form unions....who then become a voting bloc against the conservatives.

Conservatives don't want equality.....they want the poor to stay poor so they can't or won't go to the polls.....

Wow, I never heard this argument before, what a spin from the truth.

Most of us Americans  do not know what poor is.  I will tell you this, the real poor do not have free heat, free food, free electric, free housing, free hospitalization, etc.  No, the poor of the world look at our so called poor as wealthy-they cross deserts to be our new poor.

The trick is : if you want to be elected, go to the entitled voting block and offer them more entitlements and you have that voting block.  What the ignorant do not see is that the payola money is now being printed and is backed by zero.  So, we now are really going to see what being poor is in the next decade.

irishbobcat

Correct, and the Green Party opposes NAFTA,GATT, and the WTO........

Towntalk

And it was the Democrats that pushed through NAFTA, WTO, GATT and are pushing for a North American version of the European Union.

It was also the Democrats that helped kill the American steel industry under Jimmy Carter.

irishbobcat

Conservatives advocate policies that hurt the most people.

Conservatives win because they exploit the racial division of our land.

Greens advocate policies that help people....

Rick Rowlands

The pattern is... why the hell are we looking to GOVERNMENT to provide jobs?

Why?Town

The Democrats have promised jobs, and will again.
The Republicans have promised jobs, and will again.
The Green Party is promising jobs...

Do I see a pattern?

irishbobcat

Gosh Darn, I remember Dubya Bush on the Y-Town Airport Tarmac in 2004 promising jobs to the valley...

Never saw them jobs come this way.....

Vote Green in 2010!

ytowner

Yet another reason why the DEMOCRATS have FAILED THE MAHONING VALLEY!

irishbobcat

Rick, you need to join an Optimist Club....