News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

TRAFICANT

Started by Towntalk, December 16, 2009, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

accuse my correction before i had the chance to change the spelling. ::)

iwasthere

towntalk it is unfair to acuse the greenparty of selling out esp when this political party has not had the chance to prove its worth toward betterment of good government. :-\

Oldmill

I don't know Traficant,  He never helped me in any way. I just have to say He tells it like it is. That's what I like about ol Jimbo.

Towntalk

Does anyone seriously think that there is a single politician either in Columbus or Washington that is as pure as the fresh fallen snow?

There isn't a one that isn't for sale to the highest bidder and yes, this includes the Green Party. They're all out for Number 1.

Traficant was right when he said that the members of Congress were little more than prostitutes that were totally beholden to the lobbiests on K Street.

I'm neither a flaming liberal or a right wing fanatic but it doesn't take a PhD to see what's happening to the America I love.

Who said it when they observed that America would destroy itself from within? This observation is coming true and God help our children.

woozle

Quote from: sfc_oliver on December 21, 2009, 07:31:07 PM
Good question. When I left the valley in 1971 I believe it was being mostly run by Republicans. (Of course I was only 18 and didn't care that much) But I know when I came back in 1998 it was pretty much in it's present state and run by Democrats most of the time I was gone. (from what I was told) So someone tell me, what happened? Or what did someone fail to do?

We sold our souls to China.. We are a material nation and our children have had nothing to do with the decisions of our grandfathers.. We just have to deal with the issues as they come up.. That's what happend, not just here in youngstown but all across the board..

sfc_oliver

Quote from: YtownNewsandViews on December 21, 2009, 03:43:38 PM
My problem is nobody has the guts to say the true problem in our area:
THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

What in God's name have they done to advance this area economically in the past 40 years?!

Good question. When I left the valley in 1971 I believe it was being mostly run by Republicans. (Of course I was only 18 and didn't care that much) But I know when I came back in 1998 it was pretty much in it's present state and run by Democrats most of the time I was gone. (from what I was told) So someone tell me, what happened? Or what did someone fail to do?
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Penguins37

iwasthere you are making my point for me.  There should be no double standard for anybody.  Simply put if you brake the law you should be dealt with swiftly and seriously.  By people supporting Traficant they are saying that as a society we are okay with politicians exploiting their positions.

If we continue to elect corrupt officials and let the convicted felons off of the hook we are circumventing the greatest parts of our democratic systems. 

I agree with you iwasthere, if your break the law you should be punished regardless of your position or name.

ytowner

My problem is nobody has the guts to say the true problem in our area:
THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY!

What in God's name have they done to advance this area economically in the past 40 years?!

iwasthere

peng what is your recourse in making ytown great again? ryan and wilson showed their true colors this past summer when they refuse to meet with people in their districts concerning this healthcare plan debate. their meetings were controlled and contrite with no substance. penguin37 teddy kennedy received 42 years in the senate after he allowed his mistress to drown in the lake. jimbo shook down/bribed couple of people who made money during jimbo's time and never spent one day in jail. one received a political seat mmmmmm i think her name was capri cafarommmmmm crime does pay off. remember penguin37 you cannot pick and chose who you want to go to the guillotine.

sfc_oliver

Jim Trafficants day is done. We do need someone who cares about the people here more than any Party affiliation though. Unfortunately I don't see too many stepping forward. Of course a dead dog would do a better job than Tim Ryan.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Youngstownshrimp

It is true that many of the old guard have allowed YTown to spiral out of control into a third world nation.  The prosperity that was known by the greatest generation resulted in the baby boomers having an entitled mind set.

However, the current generation has also this mindset because of the prosperity of the 80's,90's and 2000's, we are all guilty for not watching the store.  The focus must now be to innovate, manufacture again, reinvent.  Asia, who we built up, is now looking at us all saying, "get up an fight!"

Finally, if you do not know where we are going, read the local history (Great Depression A Diary) by Atty. Benjamin Roth.  The new generation?  sorry, it is going to be worse for you, back then, we still had steel, auto's, textiles, etc.  Today, we have managed economy , which didn't work back then and won't work today.

Penguins37

Seriously Rick, as a community we are striving to distance ourselves from the Youngstown of the past and the best candidate you can come up with is Traficant?

If that is the best insight you can offer, maybe your intellect is in question?

Penguins37

You're missing the point Rick.  This valley is battling a number of issues because of poor decisions that have been made in the past.  And you guys just want to jump right back into making those bad decisions again... because someone is loud an obnoxious. 

I'm just trying to point out how absurd this logic is. 

Rick Rowlands

Now that I am 36 I'm now considered an old head. Us old folks better step aside, our collective knowledge is no match for this youngster's wisdom.  How foolish of us to think that our life experiences can possibly equate to the intellect of the Great Guin37!

Penguins37

You guys have to be some of the OLD people here in Youngstown that have ruined the area for my generation.  Your irrational and illogical rhetoric have been the things that have traumatized this areas for years and allowed us to be exploited by people like Traficant. 

Stop thinking like you have for the past 50 years and try to think like an educated adult.