News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

TRAFICANT

Started by Towntalk, December 16, 2009, 11:17:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Rowlands

Will Rogers was wrong.  It is possible to create wealth.  There is not a set amount of money in the world.  It is not true that for one person to have more then someone else must lose an equal amount. 

It may be true that the gap between the rich and poor is widening, but historically in this country all classes of people have seen their standards of living improve.   

woozle

Quote from: Towntalk on December 23, 2009, 01:05:38 PM
When it came to help, he never asked how they voted, or whether they were Democratic or Republican, or how much they donated to his campaign.

Sounds like something Jimbo would do too.. How many times did he go to bat for Union workers here in the valley??

Towntalk

Believe me iwasthere, I would really like to be able to have confidence in our elected officials, and perhaps there will one day come such a person, but look at what we've had since the death of Mike Kerwin ... Charlie "Books" Carney, he spent more time rummaging thru the Library of Congress dumpster than he did on Congressional business, Lyle Williams who was more effective as a lobbyest than a Congressman, Jim Traficant who could have been another Mike Kerwin were his propensity to being in the spotlight and in the process offending just about everyone, and not Tim Ryan who turns his back on the folks that put him into office.

He is in a position where he could turn this district around being on one of the most important House committees, yet he's so busy pleasing the Speaker that he doesn't communicate with those who seek his help.

As I said, Mike Kerwin had an open door policy with his constituents when he was home on District days, and he always followed up on the help to make sure the help was received.

When it came to help, he never asked how they voted, or whether they were Democratic or Republican, or how much they donated to his campaign.

iwasthere

Quote from: Towntalk on December 22, 2009, 05:52:57 PM
Sorry iwasthere but once any politician goes to Washington he/she leaves his/her morality back home.

Just look at all the politicians in both houses have either been tossed into the slammer or have been kicked out of Congress.

I'm just a skeptic about the whole lot of them ... just look at the state of our country ... and who is going to pay the debt that they've accumulated ... a debt that our grandchildren will have to pay off.

I've no reason to believe that a Green Party member of Congress would be any better than his Republican or Democratic colleagues.

Look at all the companies that have fled the United States due to NAFTA.

The last decent Congressman this district had was Mike Kerwin. As powerful as he was his door was open to all the people regardless of their party affiliation and he personally and consistently followed up on his constituents requests for help.

towntalk it can happen when you all change and give someone a chance to prove themselves.

woozle

Quote from: Towntalk on December 22, 2009, 08:15:36 PM
Wisdom of Will Rogers

The difference between our rich and poor grows greater every year. Our distribution of wealth is getting more uneven all the time.

A man can make a million and he is on every page in the morning. But it never tells you who gave up that million he got.

You can't get money without taking it from somebody.

Democrats take the whole thing as a joke. Republicans take it serious but run it like a joke.

A cannibal is a good deal like a Democrat, they are forced to live off each other.

Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them.

A flock of Democrats will replace a mess of Republicans. It won't mean a thing. They will go in like all the rest of 'em. Go in on promises and come out on alibis.

The Republicans mopped up, the Democrats gummed up, and I will now try and sum up. Things are terribly dull now. We won't have any more serious comedy until Congress meets.

You've got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.

A politician is just like a pickpocket. It's almost impossible to get one to reform.

Party politics is the most narrow minded occupation in the World.

If you ever injected truth into politics you have no politics.

Best Post on this board...

irishbobcat

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Towntalk.....

Towntalk

Dennis, when you get as old as me, and have seen as much as I have, you'd understand.

Much of it can be laid at the foot of my high school history teacher and working at a newspaper for 22 years.

As for you and your family I wish a blessed Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Years.

irishbobcat

I'm truely sorry you feel that way, towntalk....... :'(

Towntalk

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on December 22, 2009, 06:23:22 PM
Even though the Green party has not been in power if you just follow what is on their platform you can tell that they also do not have the best interests of America at heart, but want to change it to fit what they want.

Couldn't this be said about every political party, depending on who you ask?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Wisdom of Will Rogers

The difference between our rich and poor grows greater every year. Our distribution of wealth is getting more uneven all the time.

A man can make a million and he is on every page in the morning. But it never tells you who gave up that million he got.

You can't get money without taking it from somebody.

Democrats take the whole thing as a joke. Republicans take it serious but run it like a joke.

A cannibal is a good deal like a Democrat, they are forced to live off each other.

Republicans take care of big money, for big money takes care of them.

A flock of Democrats will replace a mess of Republicans. It won't mean a thing. They will go in like all the rest of 'em. Go in on promises and come out on alibis.

The Republicans mopped up, the Democrats gummed up, and I will now try and sum up. Things are terribly dull now. We won't have any more serious comedy until Congress meets.

You've got to admit that each party is worse than the other. The one that's out always looks the best.

A politician is just like a pickpocket. It's almost impossible to get one to reform.

Party politics is the most narrow minded occupation in the World.

If you ever injected truth into politics you have no politics.

Towntalk

That's what they all say ... as pure and untainted as a new born child ... then they have to deal with the lobbyists and the house and senate leadership.

Rottenness knows no political ideology and the worst of the lot are the sanctimonious lot that professes sainthood at the very same time that they are selling their souls to Satan.

There isn't one that wouldn't steal his grandmother's last penny or rob your child's piggy bank if it would further his political career.

They're all born liars.

Sorry that I have to be so cynical at Christmas time, but I trust politicians as far as I could throw the Empire State Building.

irishbobcat

Greens don't take corporate lobbyists money like the Gop and Democrats do....

THAT'S THE REAL DIFFERENCE HOW THINGS WOULD BE BETTER WITH GREENS IN OFFICE>>>>>

We want what's best for America and the poor, working class, and middle class of American Society...something our millionaire congressmen lose sight of everyday......

Rick Rowlands

Even though the Green party has not been in power if you just follow what is on their platform you can tell that they also do not have the best interests of America at heart, but want to change it to fit what they want.

Towntalk

Sorry iwasthere but once any politician goes to Washington he/she leaves his/her morality back home.

Just look at all the politicians in both houses have either been tossed into the slammer or have been kicked out of Congress.

I'm just a skeptic about the whole lot of them ... just look at the state of our country ... and who is going to pay the debt that they've accumulated ... a debt that our grandchildren will have to pay off.

I've no reason to believe that a Green Party member of Congress would be any better than his Republican or Democratic colleagues.

Look at all the companies that have fled the United States due to NAFTA.

The last decent Congressman this district had was Mike Kerwin. As powerful as he was his door was open to all the people regardless of their party affiliation and he personally and consistently followed up on his constituents requests for help.