News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Anyone know a place in Youngstown with a large format scanner?

Started by yfdgricker, December 16, 2009, 08:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

the owner of the pig iron press can be a great help if you call him.

northside lurker

You could also try calling some local architects.  We have a B/W scanner that will scan anything up to 36" wide. (any length)  So, there might be a local architect who has ponied up for a color scanner that they might let you use.

There are also the professional print places, (like En-Ser Reprographics) but they would probably charge you for the service.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

yfdgricker

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know a place with a large format document scanner or does anyone have access to one? I borrowed a copy of the Fredonia Works Fire lithograph from a friend and I've been trying to scan it in in several chunks and stitching it together. Let's just say it look 'alright'. I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy for my own collection yet. I wondered if anyone had access to a large format color scanner that could make a digital scan of it for me.

Thanks in advance!