News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

The $2,500 Sign

Started by jay, October 30, 2009, 06:15:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngstownshrimp

Stewie, that's the point.  Many of us are tired and have seen the wanton splurge that the government is doing.  Printing and spending money backed by debt is the outcry across the land.  We need to get back to free enterprise and build up the private sector again.  After all the private sector is required to support the public sector and the public sector can never be a perpetual motion machine.

stewie

Quote from: sfc_oliver on December 06, 2009, 02:37:10 PM
Gee Stewie, it doesn't much matter what the requirements are or who they came from. It is still a waste of funds. FUNDS = Our tax Dollars.
My point is that the Federal Government is finally investing money, A LOT OF MONEY, in our area and you people are complaining about a $2,500.00 sign?  Painting a pig on it?  Hoping it gets knocked over? Assuming that is it is wastefull spending by the County, the "pigs at the trough?"  I bet there are a lot of sign makers that love the fact these signs are required.  It probably "STIMULATED" their businesses just a bit. Or better yet maybe you would rather Columbus got all the money like they usually do?  They they could put the signs up.  Look at the big picture. Good Lord!! BTW am I really the first one to call all of you idiots? I find that hard to believe.

sfc_oliver

Gee Stewie, it doesn't much matter what the requirements are or who they came from. It is still a waste of funds. FUNDS = Our tax Dollars.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

Well, the mighty stewie has graced us with his presence, and put us all in our place.  I can sense that stewie's tenure on this board will not be an easy one , fore after just THREE posts he has already insulted all of us who have been here for years.  Way to go!!!

stewie

Quote from: jay on October 30, 2009, 06:15:28 AM
To indicate to the voters that remodeling work at the WRTA administration building is being done with federal stimulus money and not Mahoning County sales tax money, the WRTA Board has mandated that an official stimulus construction sign (8X4) be purchased at a cost of $2,500.

How do the residents of Mahoning County feel about this purchase?

The sign is a REQUIREMENT for using ARRA funding.  If you don't put up the sign bye bye funds.  There are strict specifications as to size, wording and placement also.  It has nothing to do with the county or "crooked polititians" you guys are idiots.

Why?Town

It's just like the sign on I680. The one with all the construction trucks from Twinsburg parked across from it.

Rick Rowlands

Someone needs to spray paint a PIG on it!

ytowner

Would it be wrong for me to hope someone knocks it down. I think about it happening on 680 all the time.

AllanY2525

Kinda looks like a sign along the freeway...

Is the light (vanilla/manilla) color made out of some sort of reflective material, too?

:)

jay

AllanY2525

Does the Choffin Career Center still have an auto body class?  I'd have
given the kids a couple hundred bucks to make a sign out of sheet metal
and paint it with automotive paint - which is very durable and looks
nice, too...

Then they could have had the convicts from C.C.A. come by with some
Turtle Wax once a week, to wash and wax it...

hehehe
:)

sfc_oliver

I would have painted them a sign for $250.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Towntalk

When it comes to politics, nothing, and I mean nothing is free. We have the best government that money can buy.

irishbobcat

you would think the sign would come free with the stimulus money.....

northside lurker

I wish they didn't need to buy the sign, but I think it's necessary.  Without it, in 4 years when this issue comes up for renewal, the voters will say: "the first thing they did with my tax money is build themselves cushy new offices!  I'm voting no!"  They might say that even with the sign...

Maybe I'm too pessimistic?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison