News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Bargans?

Started by Towntalk, October 05, 2009, 10:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Great information. As winter sets in many folks are planning projects for around their homes and businesses and your tips are both welcome and helpful.

northside lurker

I don't know how well this fits the spirit of this thread.  But, we just received bids to build a campus of 5 elementary schools in a non-local, NE Ohio school district.  The total cost came in so low, we were able to take all alternates.

For those that may not know, an "alternate" is something designed for the project that would make it better, but is not absolutely necessary.  In our case, one big alternate was using face brick instead of concrete block on the exterior of the buildings.

This is one reason why now is a good time to build new schools in Austintown. ;)
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

AllanY2525

There is a second hand store on Elm Street, right across from Edwards Flower shop...

anyone been in there yet?

iwasthere

when GOODWILL was located in struthers, oh i would shop there once a week after my visit at the RESTART store that is my way of spreading my vast wealth? ;D

sfc_oliver

We have been known to stop into a goodwill now and then.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

iwasthere

i shop and save money at second hand stores. i find these stores have quality items that one must have a fine eye for scratches and dents. i do drop the line at the second hand stores when it comes to buying food items. ;D :D ;) :) :o

sfc_oliver

Well that depends on what we're buying and where else we are going. We try to make one trip to do several things. Sometimes IGA or Sparkle in Struthers. Sometimes Giant Eagle in Poland. Sometimes Save a Lot. And on occasion Sams. We use the pharmacy at walmart because they give superior service. We shop for big ticket items depending on what it is. From lowes to Best Buy to Sears.Among others.

iwasthere

sarge where do you shop?

sfc_oliver

I haven't seen any reductions in prices. Other than Milk going back down now that I can't drink it any more. Mostly I have seen groceries stay about the same and prices on bigger ticket Items I don't know about up or down but they have been about what I expected.

And this year we have bought a new TV, mattress set, and washer & dryer.

iwasthere

i do agree this is a buyers paradise for people that have cash in hand. :)

Towntalk

Have we found this to be true here in the Mahoning Valley?

"The Great Recession has caused massive job losses and hardship for millions, but it has also fostered a shoppers' paradise. Anyone who still has the means to spend can find unheard of deals."

Great time for US consumers: America is on sale

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091004/D9B4D6C01.html