News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Where were you on 9/11/2001

Started by Towntalk, September 10, 2007, 10:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northside lurker

I was at work.  One of the receptionists came back to tell us they heard a plane hit one of the WTC towers.  We assumed it was some sort of horrible accident.  Then, the second plane hit.  At this point, all work ceased, and we brought back the TV from the owner's office to watch the developing events.  Not long after the towers collapsed, we were sent home.

I spent that afternoon in a shock/depression induced sleep.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Towntalk

Where were you on that Day of Infamy 9/11/2001?

I was busy putting together my daily Radio Talk Show Newsletter when the news broke and rushing into the livingroom I turned on CNN.

While I was taking quick notes I heard a very low flying jet, and went out onto the porch in time to see the jet that would later be crashed in Pennsylvania.

For the rest of that day, I was busy pulling all the stories I could get my hands on to put into one of the longest Newsletters I ever assembled and faxed them out.

For the next two days my newsletters were exclusively 9/11 news, but I'll never forget the sight of that jet and the sick feeling that I had reading about it.