News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Ban on Pit Bull Dogs

Started by Smokey362, August 06, 2007, 06:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jronjakoh

I would have to agree with Jamie. I have a young fella (teen) who walks a Pitt Bull for the owner every day and he makes a path past my house at least twice when he does.As he comes by he teases my daughters Sherpard with the Pitt. Kind of like a 'sic em' motion.

I watched this one day and as he was coming across the street towards 'Ozzie' I walked out and asked him if he would like me to shoot the Pitt.I also told him that i would see him in JJC if he came back and did it again.
He promptly left with the Pitt and doesn't come past my house any more. I do see him going up Broadway with the Pitt Bull every now and then.I don't think the owner even knows he is doing this.

So it isn't the dog but the owners or whoever are responsible for them ,that need to be arrested,charged or locked up. Not the animal.By the time they (the dog) act that mean then it is too late.

And these dogfights?? I hope the Patrolmen are able to put a 'complete' stop to this. itis ridiculous.

Jaime Hughes

Im going to have to disagree also. The animal only responds to what the owner has taught them. If you teach them to lash out..then of course they will. My partner, Corey Maizel was bit in the face by a great dane when we was 3 years old. Any breed of dog can be vicious if you train it to be.

Shar

Sorry...I have to disagree on this one.  The many breed of dogs that are called "Pit Bulls" are not to blame for this problem.  The owners of the dogs are responsible for their behavior.  The people who fight with these dogs abuse them and train them to fight.  You cannot punish the breed of dog and the responsible owners of these breeds of dogs for the irresponsible behavior of a small group of people.  The people need to be punished.

Smokey362

Mayor Williams, if you can ban Pitt Bull Dogs in the City of Youngstown, you will be doing the city a great favor.  Those dogs are used for fighting, yes...but they are also used for "about 10 minutes".....that's how long it takes before the police can get into the house and try to beat the drug dealers from flushing their stash.  People argue that they are good dogs, gentle, good with kids,  ya...right.  They KILL people.  The City of Girard banned them several years ago and it's about time that Youngstown did as well.  Hopefully Campbell, and Struthers, Boardman, and Austintown will follow suit.
  If a logical, reasonable person want's a dog, they should get a Labrador Retriever, or a Cocker Spaniel....something good with kids.  There is NO reason to own a Pitt Bull.
  Good luck Mayor Williams.  I hope this passes.  No one needs a killer dog....Keep up the good work.