News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Northside Hospital

Started by connie254, July 20, 2007, 11:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

UPDATE AS OF 2:05 PM - - THE NURSES UNION AT NORTHSIDE HOSPITAL HAS WITHDRAWN THEIR STRIKE NOTICE ACCORDING TO WKBN.

Signs of progress concerning contract talks between Forum Health and its nurses union at Northside Hospital.  YGDNA /ONA union president Eric Williams tells First News an agreement was reached to withdraw the union's strike notice. Williams says Thursday's marathon bargaining session lasted over 18 hours with significant progress. The union's contract expired Thursday, and originally planning on striking next Friday.  Both sides are set to resume negotiations Monday morning.

Jaime Hughes

What can we do to help though? I would hate to see something as negative as that happen to North Side Hospital.

connie254

Please do what you can regarding the potential strike of my union against Northside.  We had a meeting and at that time the leadereship conned the members into voting for the strike notice and when we asked to vote again d/t not understanding what they asked-and this was within two minutes of the vote- the president refused. At other meeting, people were bullied into voting for the measure.  At all meetings, a hand and voice count was done which is strictly against union rules.  If any of us stand up and ask questions, we are ridiculed.  There are several older members who repeatedly say that they don't care if the hospital shuts down-they want revenge.  We might not be able to vote on a package presented by the hospital even though we want to, becuase of these same leaders. They honestly don't care what happens.  Think about the impact-healthcare-wise and finacially to this area.  We can rebuild this area slowly but losing these jobs would be devastating tot he valley.  I would be able to get a a job outside of this area and commute if I had to, but over 3000 people can't. The ramifications of a strike and therefore hospital closing would be devastating. The majority of nurses just want to be able to take care of our neighbors, friends and family here. We have had the oppurtunity to live elsewhere and choose to stay here. Most of us really like to work at Northside regardless of union or no union, but we are stuck with the union at the moment.