News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Yesterday's election results.....

Started by Irishbobcat, March 16, 2016, 06:18:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllanY2525

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on March 20, 2016, 09:01:55 AM
Economic doomsday is in two years when economist all throughout the world says there is no turning back once 24 trillion is reached.   Pray tell who can lead us out of this trajectory,  pray tell?

I'm not holding my breath for any miracles.... we'll probably end up defaulting on our debt at some point in the not
too distant future.  Every spending bill that gets passed has more and more "earmarks" for this, for that, and for
all kinds of sh*t that has nothing whatsoever to do with the main purpose of the bill.

The politicians are only interested in lining their pockets, and getting the government to spend lots and lots of
money on the special interests to which THEY are beholden, etc.  IF Donald Trump gets elected (and I don't think
he will) I hope he brings in some independent accountants and RIPS through the federal budget with a razor and
a fine tooth comb and starts taking back this country's finances.

The first place we should start cutting the budget is in foreign aid - how are we supposed to help the rest of the
world financially when our own ship is sinking?

Doubt it will ever happen with ANY candidate, however....

iwasthere

Can we petition our elected officials to go down to Columbus and they can lead the effort to change the way we cast our primary's ballot?

Youngstownshrimp

Economic doomsday is in two years when economist all throughout the world says there is no turning back once 24 trillion is reached.   Pray tell who can lead us out of this trajectory,  pray tell?

AllanY2525

Quote from: iwasthere on March 18, 2016, 10:19:12 PM
the only way to make the primaries more fair is by petition are ohioan legistratives 2 have open primaries.

Voters should be able to vote the best candidate for each office, regardless of party affiliation...... I like
the states who allow people to register as "Independent" and vote for candidates in either party in
their primaries.

iwasthere

the only way to make the primaries more fair is by petition are ohioan legistratives 2 have open primaries.

jay

QuoteI worked the polls yesterday and my conclusions about the USA voters they are clueless and do not know the meaning of a primary election races.

I agree.  I talked with people who said they were going to vote for candidates from both parties.

AllanY2525

I do not like the rules that are used by either party in the primaries.....super delegates who can vote for
whomever they please and disregard the peoples' votes, "winner take all" states, etc.  The system is
too complicated and definitely corrupt.

Oh well, it's not gonna change anyways.....

iwasthere

I worked the polls yesterday and my conclusions about the USA voters they are clueless and do not know the meaning of a primary election races. GOD HELP US ALL. :o

AllanY2525

I like Trumps list of priorities, re: trade deficit, enforcing immigration rules, border security, bringing
back outsourced jobs/industries, tax reform, etc.  However I DO NOT LIKE his nasty mouth.  This guy
doesn't appear to realize that POTUS is  NOT the "King" of America and he will not be able to effectively
lead the country if he cannot show some dignity, respect, and be able to cooperate with others
and compromise - BOTH in CONGRESS, and around the WORLD in dealing with the leaders of other
nations.

Give the degree of gridlock on capital hill the past eight years, it would probably only get worse under
Trump's leadership.  Not only would the left fight him tooth and nail, but the right probably would also
if for no other reason that SPITE and the fact that many of the Republican politicians HATE him.

Trump V.S. Hillary (assuming she does not get indicted over the whole email scandal) - I have no idea.
We seem to have such a poor choice of candidates this election cycle and this year is like no other in
history.

As a side note:  I would like to see a Constitutional amendment abolishing the electoral college.  The
people deserve the right to DIRECTLY elect the president and it would be virtually impossible for ANY
corporation, Super-Pac, lobbying group or rich people to buy the entire voting public of the United
States, versus the electoral delegates.

Irishbobcat

Looking at Ohio's statewide map yesterday it was interesting to note that Trump won most of the counties along the border of Pa., down the Ohio River, Southeast and Southern Ohio.

Blue-collar old school Reagan Democrats? Followers of Jim Traficant?

If Trump wins the GOP...how will play out in November against Hillary? Will the black vote come out and support Hillary like they did Obama or does yesterday's vote spell trouble for the Democrats in November?

Your thoughts? Discuss among yourselves.....