News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

What's Going On At Mill Creek Park?

Started by jay, February 12, 2016, 04:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

If people want more out of government they must participate in the democratic process. It is not the frack free group obligation to pick up the slack of other people political desires.

Rick Rowlands

I am not as one dimensional as you make me out to be!

Irishbobcat

Has hell frozen over? Rick and I agree on something? Wow! You surprised me Rick!

AllanY2525

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on February 19, 2016, 10:30:14 PM
I have stopped visiting this forum,since Towntalk left it feels like the life of the party has departed so to speak.  But this issue regarding Mill Creek Park compelled me to briefly return.

I am disgusted at the actions of this so called Executive Director.  You do not treat long term professional employees in the way that smug ass treated his.  If I lived in Mahoning County my name would be prominently entered onto a petition calling for a recall vote on the park levy.  The killing of the geese didn't really bother me because they were a problem.  The water quality issues was something outside of their control.  But the firings are something completely in the control of the park management, and was handled in the absolute worst way possible.

I would very much like to see a recall petition succeed.  Irishbobcat, maybe the FFMV folks could do something useful for once and circulate this petition instead of the so called Bill of Rights petition.  Get this on the ballot, and make damn sure that the Mill Creek Park Board knows that there is one reason, and one reason only why they now have to once again sweat over the future funding of the park, and that reason is the continued employment of a certain bald head, grade A, Blue Ribbon, Olympic sized MORON of an Executive Director!

WELL said, Rick.....

If I lived in Youngstown I myself would sign a recall petition.

Rick Rowlands

I have stopped visiting this forum,since Towntalk left it feels like the life of the party has departed so to speak.  But this issue regarding Mill Creek Park compelled me to briefly return.

I am disgusted at the actions of this so called Executive Director.  You do not treat long term professional employees in the way that smug ass treated his.  If I lived in Mahoning County my name would be prominently entered onto a petition calling for a recall vote on the park levy.  The killing of the geese didn't really bother me because they were a problem.  The water quality issues was something outside of their control.  But the firings are something completely in the control of the park management, and was handled in the absolute worst way possible.

I would very much like to see a recall petition succeed.  Irishbobcat, maybe the FFMV folks could do something useful for once and circulate this petition instead of the so called Bill of Rights petition.  Get this on the ballot, and make damn sure that the Mill Creek Park Board knows that there is one reason, and one reason only why they now have to once again sweat over the future funding of the park, and that reason is the continued employment of a certain bald head, grade A, Blue Ribbon, Olympic sized MORON of an Executive Director!

jay

Many people are now calling for the repeal for the Mill Creek Park property tax levy.

iwasthere

I say mount a protest with the probate judge to get rid of this individual that is causing harm to our beautiful park system.

Irishbobcat

4 more firings at Mill Creek yesterday! I bet Ricky Rowlands and all the conservative GOP'ers are dancing a jig with each firing while Ron is counting the salary savings so his ski lodge hotel can be built and guests can sit outside on summer nights and bask in the glow of the injection well fires throughout the park in the near future.

iwasthere

there are going to be more firings since last week stay tuned folks

Irishbobcat

Next park board meeting is Monday, March 14 6:00 pm MetroParks Farm. Be there to voice your displeasure at the actions of Director Young regarding the firings of long-time dedicated park employees!

Irishbobcat

jay

If the issue of the firings concerns you, I suggest that you attend the next meeting of the Mill Creek Park Commissioners.

Irishbobcat

Maybe members of the Mahoning County Green Party need to picket Mill Creek.....

I found Todd Franko's Vindy article interesting this morning. Life and work at the Vindy must really stink since he seems to take great pleasure in writing about public sector employees when they get fired...."tough beans and suck it up" is always his message.....

I liked Franko when I first met him.....now I find him to be one cold-hearted GOP-CEO wanna-be......I'd stay away from coffee counters and bar stools if I were him....

AllanY2525

I read an article about the firings.... I agree that they were really sh*tty  in how they did it.  They
could have given 30 days notice and there was no need to have park police present.  Adequate
notice would have given some of the employees time to look for another job.

Seems like there is less and less respect for the workers in this country these days......

:(

Irishbobcat

Did the Mill Creek directors know of Mr. Young's leadership skills from his previous employer?

Aaron Young, Planning Director
Aaron assessed himself as a Driver/Driver which is a Style that is very reserved and very dominant. His
coworker assessors agree with this placement. The Assessor experienced Aaron as far more animated
than the Driver/Driver Style and places him as a Driver/Expressive – somewhat social and very
dominant. This style is competitive, highly values recognition and reward and doesn't hesitate to
strongly express opinions, positive or negative. When situations are inconsistent with the individual's
goals or opinions they may not support team efforts and can appear to be arrogant. This behavior was
clearly demonstrated in a leadership team meeting. Aaron has developed the negative behavior of
verbally tackling his teammates and using foal language which must be addressed.

Aaron will respond best to direct and empowering leadership. Both Drivers and Expressives do not
respond well to micro management. Lack of and/or poor decision making will be an issue for him.
Under stress Aaron's style can become impatient and autocratic. Aaron is the one Director who does
not possess the Amiable trait.
With so many of the group being at the diagonal opposite Style of
Amiable it could be challenging for all involved. Ultimately all Styles provide value and a balanced
presence of strengths help to better manage the inherent weaknesses.