News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Hypocritical People

Started by Towntalk, September 14, 2015, 11:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Let me start out by saying that prayer is a serious matter to me and I do not use the term lightly. To me, it is communication from my heart to God, and I do not take God lightly. If I say therefor that I will pray for any matter, that is exactly what I mean, and what I will do.

What brings this matter up is the story of the Police officer who accidently shot himself while cleaning his gun. In response to that story most of the posts on facebook said that they were sending their prayers, but just how many actually did say a prayer, and how many didn't, but just posted that to be PC?

Now before any of you critics voice shock that I would dare say or even think such a thing, let me say this, I take my relationship with God Very seriously, and while I can not reach into the hearts of others, I know from personal experience that saying that I'll pray for something or someone is a common expression that is normal, so I'm not condemning anyone. Let me repeat that, I am NOT condemning anyone, so do not come back and say that I am.

My only point is this, IF you say that you are going to pray for someone, then do it. A one sentence prayer spoken from the heart goes a long way, and is as effective as a long drawn out prayer spoken to gain attention, so please whenever you hear of something like the death of someone, remember that that single sentence offered up from the heart reaches the ear of God, but simply typing out that your prayer whii go out does not. They are two different creatures that are as different as night and day.