News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Challange

Started by Towntalk, July 11, 2015, 08:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

OK folks I shant keep you in suspence ... this is East Federal Street in the early 1940's before the street was widened all the way to the East End. All the buildings that you see pertruding had to have a big chunk of the frontage torn down to accomplish the widening. During that same time period, Watt Street was widened. I don't know how long it took them to get it done.

Towntalk

:'( :'(  Have a great time my friend.  :'( :'(

joly1584

[size=0px]Sorry  TT I will not be able to attend the picnic on Saturday.  Have another party to go to.  Hopefully we will meet at another time.[/size]

Towntalk

You got the era but you would be simply amazed at the rest of the story.

Why?Town

I don't know where or when but the cars are very early 30's at the newest.

Towntalk

I will say this. none of the buildingss in the picture are there today, they were long ago demolished.  :'(

Towntalk

Sorry my friend, you are not correct, but fear not, your courage will be rewarded. Are you going to go to the 7wcc picnic at Lynn Park?

joly1584

I'll take your dare! ;D

Location - Looking East on Federal-On the right is the Realty Building, partway down the left is what is now known as the Commerce Building.

Date - based on the cars I am guessing late 1930's, can't get any more specific than that. I'll take my punishment if you need a specific date.

Towntalk

What's the matter, afraid to even try?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D ;D ;D

Towntalk

All right my brilliant friends here is a mind exercising challange that you can take IF YOU DARE and because some of you think that you are intellectually superior to the rest of us, you must not only identify the location of this picture but also the date, and if you fail to answer both parts exactly ... well  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: