News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

A Great Way To Start Off Your Saturday Morning

Started by irishbobcat, October 20, 2012, 07:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

stormy weekend was the album that i listened to on yt. i loved it. i like how they used everyday sites a sounds to creat snoothing music.

Towntalk

Was what you heard from their One Stormy Night or Stormy Weekend album? And if so, what did you think about it? They recorded two albums with that theme. It's two bad that of all the songs they recorded, only two are on sites that can be downloaded, and they are not from either album. Mystic Moods was so trail blazing that their albums are still available at Amazon/ They were the first to combine special effects as background to their music, and they were also the first to use state of the art recording equipment in the production of their recordings.

iwasthere

tt i went to youtube last nite and i found this grp there. i played it on my bus trip home from the mall.

Towntalk

Thanks to some detailed search I did find the orchestra and the album, The Mystic Moods Orchestra, but unfortinately none of the songs are at the sites I use so I can't download any of them. This orchestra was the first to combine beautiful music and background effects in a record album.

Towntalk

On nights when I have a hard time going to sleep I build a folder of beautiful music (easy listening) from my library and play the songs all night.

A number of years ago I bought an album of unique easy listening music that had as a background of rain and thunder,that was absolutely beautiful but forgot the name of the orchestra and album. Does the description sound familiar to anyone?

Youngstownshrimp

When I went to Dana, we learned that Big Band swung first but Coltrane and Miles took jazz to where no man had ever gone before. "love supreme. love supreme. love supreme................................"

Towntalk

Sorry about that. I have another site that it can be downloaded from but it requires typing in a three letter code to download and the site is so huge that untill you get use to it, it would drive you right up the wall and back down, so it's not for folks that have a limited amount of spare time. But on a given day I download up to 12 songs a day.

iwasthere

the ws was giving me attitude. so i youtube sing sing

iwasthere

ysufm radio station on friday nite has an excellent jazz nite program. rick propvich one nite played a live recording at cargnie hall in  1939 of sing sing with benny goodman and the drummer gene krupa. i enjoyed  that recording.

Towntalk

One of my all time favorite jazz numbers is Sing Sing Sing. There are two great versions of this song ... the first recording of this song was by the Louis Prima orchestra ... and it was later recorded by the Benny Goodman orchestra. To be honest about it, they both sound the same but with subtle differences that would be noticeable to the jazz purist.

irishbobcat

Spike Jones might have been the first musician in America to mix Jack and Coke...(the white stuff...)
that guy was crazy!!!!!

Doc Richards does a super job every Saturday morning...7am-9am...WKTL-FM.....90.7FM.....check himout next Saturday...you'll enjoy it!

iwasthere

i am zealous of your collection tt. my all time favorite women singers bessie smith, billy holiday, judy, the list can go on because they all are my favorite that goes with the men singing. joe williams does an excellent redition of its quarter to three and i have sad story to talk to you. what is the name of this song

Towntalk

Youngstownshrimp