News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

9/11 Where were you?

Started by Towntalk, September 11, 2012, 10:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sfc_oliver

I had just finished an estimate for siding on a Garage, I got back in the van and had the Bob & Tom show on. It was the only time I ever heard them being serious.

Of course I went straight back to the office just in time to see the second plane hit......

(This year I watched from a hospital bed.....48 hours of being a human pin cushion to find out it was probably heartburn.......)
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

kenneyjoe330

I was still enjoying being retired - staying up late and getting up late.  I just came down the stairs and my wife had the first crash on TV.  At first I thought it was a small aircraft gone amok.  When I saw it was a commercial air liner I told my wife that was not accident.  I also told here there would be two more crashes - I just had that feeling.  Little did I know there would be three other crashes.  I was not working and I watched the TV for the next several days.  I also remember the low flying plane and remember looking out of the window and seeing it - just like it was coming from Cleveland and heading to Pittsburgh. 
The emotional reactions for me went the whole gamut - but what amazes me is how smart they were to pull the whole thing off and they can go on even now to do much worse stuff.
May the souls of the departed Rest In Peace and may their Memory be Eternal.

Towntalk

After hearing the breaking news announcement on CNN, I stopped what I was doing and went into the living room to watch and while there heard a large jet fly over at such a level that I could hear its engines, and it was not a plane from the air base.

Planes going to Akron and Cleveland fly over every day, but you can not hear them but can see them high up along with a contrail.

Was this the hijacked plane that crashed in Shanksville, I can not say but it was going in the direction that a plane would normally fly from Cleveland.

When all aircraft were ordered out of the sky I could see a number of planes landing at the Youngstown airport which was later confirmed on Channel 27.

iwasthere

northside lurker

I was also at the office.  One of the front office workers came back and mentioned that a plane hit one of the twin towers, and we just assumed it was some kind of bizarre accident.  The boss brought back a TV from his office, and as the other incidents happened, we just huddled around the TV.  Later that morning, the boss sent us home for the rest of the day.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

iwasthere

i was at work and i found out from a delivery guy. who gave me the downlow on the events. the front office never informed us what was going on in the country at that time. the plant was down for the day due to its regular detailed cleaning schedule. there was no more then fifty people in the plant that morning. no excuse for this behavior.

jay

I was working on the east side of Youngstown when the attack started.  Then I received a call to immediately return to the office.

Towntalk

I will not express my opinions here because of my profound anger, but where were you that morning?

Feel free to express your deepest feelings but PLEASE respect others feelings and do not attack each other or I will deleat this topic.