News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Making Progress

Started by Tim Sokoloff, February 06, 2012, 05:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Sokoloff

Iron Soup Historical along with leaders of other community based organizations as well as some local business owners attended Campbell City Council on Wednesday February 1st and our immediate results were impressive, but we will see what gets done as opposed to what has been said will be done. I know that we will be going back again on the 15th to issue our city a report card. We are hoping they will get some good grades.
We hope more people will attend this next meeting, especially in regards to community leaders, business owners and more prominent citizens. Nothing gets done by doing nothing and all I hear in the street is the city this, the county that, the senators this, the congressman that and when town hall meetings such as city council, or county commissioners meetings are happening all our complainers are at home sitting on their couches watching the next episode of we are getting screwed because no one takes the time to care on their TV.
One appearance at City Hall got us an incredible and immediate response, it is important that we now get results based on that response, if we don't show up and we don't keep on it there will be no results because there will be no reason for them.
Government works when the people take the time to do their jobs. It is time for the bosses to start checking in on the employees. Come join us in Campbell on the 15th at 7:30PM and see how our city measures up.
In the meantime, come visit Iron Soup Historical's Rummage Sale at the corner of Delmar and Chambers St. Directly across from our offices. As for our neighborhood not being safe, we have more cameras up now than most banks so I think we have it covered.
County Commissioners meetings will be our next stop .... and the beat goes on.