News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Overgrown Sidewalk

Started by jay, July 08, 2009, 06:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john r. swierz

Most times this degree of overgrowth is in front of vacant property

AllanY2525

Question:

Are property owners responsible for maintaining the sidewalks, or are they considered
a part of the "devil strip" (which is basically owned by the city/county via an
"easement") ?

If property owners are responsible for keeping vegetation, etc off of the public
sidewalks, then maybe the city should start issuing citations to property owners
who fail to keep them clean and cleared (?)

kenneyjoe330

I can not agree with you more Jay ! ! !  Swierz and I have tried a few groups and it seems I just can not get the right people and right equipment together to do something about it ! ! !  I would think a backhoe would be needed to take out those bushes.  It would be BIG WORK (tak velkie robotu) without the backhoe. There is also a large dead tree top at a 45 degree angle from about three stories high that almost touches the sidewalk - scary !  I did have a group 'Flying High' pick up all the trash that was around a few weeks ago - even found a relatively new and obviously stolen bicycle in the weeds - took it to YPD.
NOW just last night the store - right to the right of the truck in the picture - on the North East side of Indianola and Tampa caught fire AGAIN - and now really looks bad.  The sidewalk across the street from that picture needs cut - it leaves only a single path to walk thru the weeds ! ! !
The buildings near where you stood to take the picture have had graffiti painted over three times in the last month.  The people on the other side of Hunter where you were standing put their trash out on Thursdays or Fridays and pick up is Monday AM.  I am also worried about the two dead trees that could injure someone on Taft that the city needs to take down.  Oye Vey - no that should be Yoooye - BABA says "It ain't the OLD LANSINGVILLE"  :'(

jay

Many sidewalks around the city are becoming overgrown with vegetation.  This photo was taken on East Indianola Avenue before the the Fourth of July Lansingville Parade.  Residents should maintain safe walkways for pedestrians.