News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Question About The 2009 Lansingville Parade

Started by jay, April 13, 2009, 09:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Personally I wanted the Parade on the Saturday BEFORE but I was the ONLY one that wanted it then ! ! !  We'll see what the vote will be in 2010  ;D

Now youwerewhere?  BABA is going to be there and BABA said "He better start practicing now because if he isn't good IT'S GONNA COST HIM EXTRA ! ! ! "  :P

iwasthere

iwasthere had a great time but i too had several committments to follow through before the downtown's fireworks display. next year i will do an irish jig at a polka's beat.

irishbobcat

I would suggest holding the Parade next year on Saturday, July 3rd.........

So folks who are scheduled in bigger parades on Sunday the 4th can make it next year.......

kenneyjoe330

THANK YOU   8)   THANK YOU  :laugh:  AND  ;D  THANKS AGAIN TO ALL WHO PARTICIPATED IN THE LANSINGVILLE INDEPENDENCE PARADE  :-* :-* :-*

:laugh: It was a Great Sucess - Two Clowns and Snow Cowns and Cotton Candy were the additions to this years Party ! ! !

Another Big Addition was A Terrific Sound System which played Great Marching Music in the Parade AND POLKA'S at the PARTY.  They started to play polka's just as some members of the forum left.  I think they took the KISKA with them because that was the first Polka Played.  I'd bet my bottom dollar that some of the younger children there NEVER heard Polka Music before  ;D   but I think they enjoyed the happy beat  8)

We did miss You

GREG and your Company and Firetruck too ! ! !

We also missed Green stuff.

NEXT YEAR WE WILL TRY TO START WAAAAYYYY EARLIER ! ! !

HOPE TO SEE YOU IN 2010 ! ! ! ! ! ! [/]

yfdgricker

Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to get the truck to the Lansingville parade this year. We are having some electrical issues that I need to get straightened out before I feel comfortable driving the truck very far. Hopefully we will be back next year. Good luck on this year's parade and event!

kenneyjoe330

:-X Take a wild guess and God will know if your right. As of right now I would say eleven  :laugh:   8)  -  now that is a very conservative count cause I am a very conservative person when it comes to counting.  We may be very small but WE ARE MIGHTY  ::) :o ;D AND LOVING  :-*  AND we will have A LOT of REFRESHMENTS for the party to follow.   ;)

jay

How many units are scheduled to be in the Lansingville parade this year?

kenneyjoe330

I truly like the idea of a flag retirement ceremony - however it would be a side to the event since people do not expect it and will not be properly disposed for such a somber and truly hollowed ceremony.  I hope we can do it with the proper notification and encouragement to bring their own flags to retire.  I have attended two flag retirement ceremonies and found them to be quite memorable.  Thank you for great idea we can implement at another time

sfc_oliver

If we were to conduct a flag retirement ceremony, It should be part of the event. The full blown American legion Ceremony takes about 5 minutes. This can be customized with 2 people taking part and last about 20 seconds. Of course we would need a flag or two that would be retired (I can provide these if needed) and we would need something to burn the flag (s) in.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

ForumManager

The parade seems to go  a little too fast to keep up when pausing to hand out things.  One year I fell behind giving out forum fliers.  Perhaps the candy can be handed out at the end?

jay

Kenneyjoe

Are the vehicles in the parade allowed to hand out candy to the children watching the parade?  Maybe have someone walk along the edge of the street.

ForumManager

QuoteNO THROWING OF CANDY OR ANY OBJECTS/ITEMS from participants in parade to spectators ! ! !  NOT TROWING OF ANYTHING ! ! !

:(     >:(     :'(

kenneyjoe330

AS PER INSURANCE DIRECTIVE :

NO THROWING OF CANDY OR ANY OBJECTS/ITEMS from participants in parade to spectators ! ! !  NOT TROWING OF ANYTHING ! ! !

kenneyjoe330

I think that would be very special and proper.  I think we could let people know and find a QUITE corner to conduct such a solemn event.  It would give this celebration a respectful depth and a reminder of the reverence This Day deserves.  However I would not want to force everyone to stop what they are doing and remain silent - because I think they just will not keep quite for long and that would be disrespectful.  Who would conduct this event and how long would it be ?   Would it be proper as a side event or should this be an event unto itself ?