News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Feed The Future" Campaign

Started by jay, December 07, 2011, 05:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

These are some of the food items collected by the Rocky Ridge Neighbors for the "Feed The Future" Campaign.

sfc_oliver

Come on now Shrimp, not all of the needy are crack heads. I donate to several local food pantries.

Well I used to, Not sure if one I've helped in the past is still there or not. But I always donate to 2nd harvest.

There are kids in the area who need help, and many of them do not live in crack houses. There are good people out there who simply need a hand up in difficult times. Though yes there are those who would be doing fine except for the drugs.

I can tell stories from both sides, I've seen it......

It is best if we the people help we the people instead of the government forcing that help....
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

jay

Members of the Rocky Ridge Neighborhood Association recently learned that many students of the William Holmes McGuffey School did not have an adequate supply of food at home on weekends.  To help alleviate this problem, a committee of the RRNA is starting the "Feed The Future" Campaign.  The immediate goal of the project is to send packages of food home with deserving students on at least one weekend each month.  The "Feed The Future" campaign is initially expected to help 50 students.