News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Next Third Ward Councilman (?)

Started by jay, July 24, 2011, 08:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

Results of my informal poll of north side residents at the North Side Farmers' Market

Their choice was Pat Lowry.

iwasthere

stewie when jason whitehead would represent the mayor's office at any public meetings he would not no the answers to the questions that were brought to him. he would say i do not know where the mayor stands on that position. he is the chief of staff making $75,000 a year, he should know the answers to questions that are put forth to him by any residentence of ytown. the 7th ward coalition had a hell of the time trying to convince him that the parks in the 7th ward needed fixing just ask mary krupa from the Powerstown blockwatch/Snoops that is in the 7th ward. whitehead did not know that his church(mt calvary ch) was not paying thier property taxes when asked by the vindy eventhough he is the ch's fiscal financial officier. stewie next time when their is a public meeting in ytown come forth and introduce yourself to maggie and I and let the games begin. i see jay williams as snake oil salesmen and you see him as best thing to happen to ytown since slice bread. i say potato and you say potatoe.

stewie

You must have finally gone insane.  Thank God you do not live in the 3rd ward. I don't know Teague. Although I remember him during the debates in the 05 mayoral race.  I couldn't understand a word he said. It is well known that Palermo spent more time at Mahoning Country Club golfing then working while at the City. At least 3day a week minimum.  I guess if you feel that qualifys him to be a Councilman then ..... Yikes! If the committee chairs elect either of these guys I will have lost any shred of faith that I had in the City.  Jason Whitehead understands the Citys problems you obviously do not like him due to his association with Jay and your relationship with Maggy. Give me one good reason that Whitehead is not far and away the best candidate of the three. Other then that he was Jays COS of course. Please be specific.

Quote from: iwasthere on July 27, 2011, 03:05:28 PM
joe teague has my support if he runs for this position. pat lowry is too busy representing tim ryan's adjenda. where would he find time to give the 3rd ward residents their full time eupport on their matters. i was told tyler clark was too busy to commit to this job. i was not impressed by jason whitehead as chief of staff, park and recreational director performances during his tenure under my mayor "J" adminstration. joe palermo has the knowledge of the city problems esp the housing and demo part because he worked in that dept until his retirement. may the best and qualified man win this position.

iwasthere

joe teague has my support if he runs for this position. pat lowry is too busy representing tim ryan's adjenda. where would he find time to give the 3rd ward residents their full time eupport on their matters. i was told tyler clark was too busy to commit to this job. i was not impressed by jason whitehead as chief of staff, park and recreational director performances during his tenure under my mayor "J" adminstration. joe palermo has the knowledge of the city problems esp the housing and demo part because he worked in that dept until his retirement. may the best and qualified man win this position.

AllanY2525

I would go for Tyler Clark - this man has integrity, a vested interest in the community and an outstanding
reputation as a decent human being...he is also working every day to help make Younstown a better
place.

His track record speaks very well of him....

:)

northside lurker

I'd also choose Tyler Clark.  But honestly, I don't know enough about the other candidates to make an informed decision.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Penguins37

I would probably go with Tyler Clark.

As another potential candidate, I have heard rumblings about Jason Whitehead potentially running for the spot.  With Mayor Williams leaving Mr. Whitehead's current position with the City may be in jeopardy.  He would make an interesting candidate for the third ward.

jay

Of those mentioned on this forum, which would you choose?

Tyler Clark
Pat Lowry
Joe Palermo
Joe Teague
or someone else (make your own suggestion)

Towntalk

jay

Perhaps this method of choosing a replacement councilman should be addressed by the Youngstown Charter Review Commission.
Does this fall under state election law or the local charter?  Does anyone know for sure?

Shar

Exactly my point. I don't think he should be allowed to vote for himself. This councilman will finish Tito's term and get the next full term. I don't think that it fair to the residents of the 3rd ward.

Towntalk

There already is interest from Joe Louis Teague, a 3rd Ward committee member and unsuccessful 2005 mayoral candidate. If nothing else, Teague has already locked up at least 10 percent of the vote.
7/22/2011 – Vindicator

jay

If you want to meet Joe Teague, come to the National Night Out picnic.  He attended the last few years.

Towntalk

Thsnks for th update on Joe. I know that the talk hosts at WKBN have a lot of respect for him, and I've known him for many years andshare that respect. The man is real which is more that can be said for most local politicians. Given a chance he could be another Pete Starks.