News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Not watching the Emmys

Started by jay, August 27, 2006, 09:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Sometimes I tune into the food channel for inspiration since I get into cooking ruts.
I do like "Good Eats" -- always interesting and educational.
"Antiques Road Show" is interesting.
Hoping to find a million dollar painting at the local thrift store.
I try to watch the local evening news but mostly miss it due to other things, catch the news in the early AM

Towntalk

My TV is set on 3 clannels - CNN - C-SPAN and 45/49. I couldn't care less about the other channels but then that's my personal opinion. It all fits in with my web site.

As for 45/48 I only watch the how to shows and British Comedy shows, and when they are having their fund raising drives, I turn them off.

ForumManager

jay

I watch very few television programs.  I've never seen most the shows that are up for the nominations.

ForumManager

Well I'm not.. as usual I'm spending  the weekend with something web related.

But why aren't you waching the Emmy's?  Is there a reason? 
I am so out of touch with entertainment related news.
I might have missed something politically relevant that is going on.

I  feel that the Hollywood celebrities are lauded too much in our society. 
Yes it is an art but it is acting for  gosh sake.
And it is entertaining...but a little over a century ago actors were actors... then came the silver screen.
And please don't shoot me... I feel the same about professional sports... they are  athletes.

The real heros  in our society are the care givers, protectors and educators and they should be lauded as celebrities.
They might not be the prettiest or fastest but they are what keeps the world going around.

Off my soapbox... sorry...
still curious as to why you aren't watching the Emmy's!!
Should I turn it on?
LOL

jay

Several of us are not watching the Emmys tonight.