News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Council member poll

Started by john r. swierz, January 19, 2010, 09:35:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rushblvd

I'm for the cameras in school areas

john r. swierz

I agree that getting signals in sinc so the flow of traffic will go at 35mph  is a challenge, however we are doing it with a small staff. This summer South Ave will get all new lights that will be in sinc As someone that was in a wreck because of a speeder (I still have pain after 12 years) I know what is like to be injured. Rick, people are speeding on side streets where there are no lights.

Rick Rowlands

Its traffic signals not speeding that is the greater problem in Youngstown John. 

john r. swierz

The actual days and times have not been discussed at this point. Council will have to pass a ordinance to make it legal to use them. No tickets would be issued during the first month, locations and other info will be on city website.

woozle

The next thing you know they will come after our guns... ahh thats right they are comming for them too...

sfc_oliver

Watch out Woozle I think they have already started that in NYC.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

woozle

Well first they are gonna put cameras everywhere, Then outlaw the smokers, Bad dirvers, Fat Poeple, While they are at it let's outlaw fast foods... ;)

Why?Town

Quote from: john r. swierz on January 20, 2010, 08:04:17 AM

The city will start by placing Traffic Cameras in school zones to control the speeding that takes place in that area,

I added bold font to the key word.

Where will it end?

woozle

Quote from: john r. swierz on January 20, 2010, 08:04:17 AM

The city will start by placing Traffic Cameras in school zones to control the speeding that takes place in that area,

John,
  Will the cameras only be used during school hours?? I understand the need for people to obey the law, but I think this debate will go much further than your poll suggest..

john r. swierz

Rick Rowlands

What do you mean by traffic cameras?  If you are talking about red light cameras, the nyes.  But if it is speed limit cameras then NO.   Why? Because speed limits are arbitrary numbers and in many cases the limit does not reflect the ability of the road.  However, run a stop signal and someone may die.

john r. swierz

I have a 3 question poll that you can take on my website www.swierz.com