News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

How To Improve The Lansingville Parade Experience

Started by jay, July 05, 2011, 08:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

KenneyJoe,

Remember this

"In heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here"

kenneyjoe330

WELCOMETowntalk we NEED a breath of fresh air to the Lansingville Parade Committee  :laugh:  I LOVE your ideas ! ! ! I'll let you know at the first of the year when the meetings begin  8)

Towntalk

I was jusk kidding about the Ex-Lax but was serious about the Hot Dog Slamdown, and would suggest that it could become an annual event that would give your event a lot more media publicity.

Here's an idea ... have a slamdown between Dan Rivers and Ron Verb for WKBN Radio and a representative from WFMJ, WYTV, and WKBN TV ... sure fire media publicity with Fast Freddie as one of the judges.

Casey Malone (WFMJ) could be in charge of preparing the hot dogs and be a judge.

kenneyjoe330

NOW THEREIS A GOOD IDEA :laugh:  It would be good IF you brought enough to share with a new or even old friend or two - BUT - the only thing NOT good about it is NO BEER NO BEER NO BEER - Hummmm have to think about that ! ! !   On the far left as you come into the parking lot is a small wall - beyond the wall is a small hill and another wall the runs along the side walk of Taylor Street - only two houses around - we could have an AFTER P-A-R-T-Y after the Picnic - BYOGrill - BYOWhat-evers and MOST OF ALL Bring Your Own Beer and some for me too :-*  Cheeese some people and 'their ideas' take OFF  8)

Hay Towntalk - how about a choice between Ex Lax or Pepto Bismal Stuff  ;D  What is good for one person may not be the trick for another  :laugh:

jay

Suggestion

For next year, encourage people to bring their own keilbassi, veggie dogs or sausage to be cooked on the Lansingville Parade grill.

Towntalk

What about this idea for next year ... a Hot Dog Slamdown ... who could down the most hot dogs in a specified time.  ;D

The prize? A supply of Ex-Lax.  ;D

kenneyjoe330

HAY DIDN'T YOU SEE THE BABA'S ON THE BACK OF THAT COOL CONVERTABLE SPORTS CAR ? ? ?

They probably have the money for kielbasi but I think they were from the old country and probably just visiting - I didn't get their address either and they are probable in Las Vegas by now  :(

kenneyjoe330

WOW     WOW   WOW    WOWO  WOWO   WOWO  WOWO
Now why didn't I think of that  ???  I was thinking more like this is a 4 TH of July AMERICAN Celebration and isn't a hot dog an American Kielbasi  :laugh:

Lansingville has always been a common working man's side of town and now it is a poor working and retired man's side of town - so help me out here and if you can find someone to

foot the bill (probably from your side of town  :-X ) I would LOVE to have kielbasi - Just ask my wife - you have to remember too - we have people here that don't eat meat and people

here that don't eat pork  :)  soooooo MY VOTE GOES FOR KIELBASSI  ;D  YESSSSSSSSS THAT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN  :'(

jay

A suggestion to improve the Lansingville Parade experience

Cook some kielbassi on the grill next year.  There has to be a touch of the old ethnic neighborhood.

This is a photo of hot dogs on the Lansingville Parade grill.