News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Currency war for dummies

Started by Oldmill, November 07, 2010, 10:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldmill

Anyone care to listen to this guy and comment ? I'm curious as to your opinions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKXyhTmZxZc

Oldmill

I don't know to much about raising fish but that does sound like a plan . The structure is already in place and can be used with minimal modifications. Or if you own or can purchase land outsite the city for fish farms very reasonable.  Outside the city ...You can basically do what you want without a big hassle . Land north of Pymatuning (inside Pa) is very reasonable and even more so at auction . and minimal government intrusion . 10 acres, a backhoe and dozer you can make a big fish pond.  Look at this link http://www.fish.state.pa.us/images/fisheries/fcs/linesville/fcs.htm  Now bear in mind they have money to spend but ideas can be gained by them.

Youngstownshrimp

My mother always told the story of WWII where my grandfather took his family and ran to the hills where he farmed a coconut plantation.  People followed and sharecropped, they all did well, the Japanese never crossed the river.  The land is still there, rarely is land sold outside the family.

Speaking of fish, you have foresight that is rare on this bog, what do you think about converting the use of the concrete company homes to aquaculture tanks?  Each concrete room is a concrete tank if the portals are sealed and recirculating systems are put in.

Oldmill

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on November 08, 2010, 06:57:08 AM
So where does one place their nest egg?
Your guess is as good as mine . Personally I buy silver in small amounts, ammunition and and other "needed" type of items . No gold . but that's me . Ammunition you say ? Not what you may think . Ammo prices keep going up and there is always a need for that, It can be sold , traded and used for hunting . Gold and silver are really useless in my book , you really cant use it , cant eat it. Tools of your trade are a good thing.  You have a good thing going Ytown shrimp ! maybe expand into some type of fish if you can , We need more American fish as you well know most of our fish is imported from China . I saw a video about how fish are raised over there , not to clean. 

Youngstownshrimp

So where does one place their nest egg?

Oldmill

I wouldn't necessarily say he is advocating buying USA, but I am .Take seafood for instance...I buy only USA Seafood, China, Taiwan and others I absolutely will not buy . I'll either buy USA ,catch my own or do without. His article is just trying to explain whats going on in our monetary system for those that find it hard to understand like me . All I know how to do is spend money ,Dont think I will ever figure how the whole system works. I know the basics but the way our system is manipulated can be a bit confusing. Chu somewhat explains the system.

Youngstownshrimp

How is Chu advocating buying only US made, we would all buy US made if it still exist and is competitive in quality and price.

Oldmill

I am posting this in Mahoning valley in genereal because it affects all of us . My apologies if this in not the appropriate forum for this. Please move or delete it , It is very important we try to understand the economy and to buy American if at all possible. Just as important as buying in the Mahoning Valley, Youngstown or even Downtown Youngstown . If we want these areas to remain populated and viable we must support them , this includes all of the USA.  Please read this PDF document by David Chu. He makes the economy a little easier to understand.

http://www.rense.com/Currency%20Wars%20For%20Dummies.pdf