News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Courthouse Statues

Started by jay, October 22, 2010, 05:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

The statues were finally placed on a truck.  The statues will be kept at a secure county facility until the courthouse repairs are finished.

Notice the various workers who aided in this project.  They did a wonderful job.

northside lurker

Thanks for the pictures.  I walked over after lunch, but there was no obvious progress, and I didn't have time to wait around the whole afternoon.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

jay

Almost down

jay

In this photo, the statues have been successfully lifted from the roof and were beginning their descent to the street below.

jay

This rigging was firmly attached to the statues.

jay

I happened to be passing through downtown Youngstown about 2:00 p.m. today.  I was just in time to see the removal of the courthouse statues.

This is how the cranes were placed in front of the courthouse. 

jay

If anyone is in downtown Youngstown today, try to take some photos of the courthouse statues as they are being removed.