News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

45/49

Started by kitten44505, March 26, 2005, 08:57:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowner

Money is why it was cancelled.

<><><>"Youngstown Report production suspended

PBS 45 & 49 has suspended production of Youngstown Report effective after the Feb. 13 broadcast.

"After four years, the series is being put on hiatus due to station budget constraints," explained executive producer Don Freeman. "We hope to relaunch the series in the fall, pending local underwriting, and will take advantage of the break to make the series stronger in reflecting the importance of the Valley and its people." <><><>
http://www.pbs4549.org/YTOWN.HTM

kitten44505

That would be great. The only problem is that while WNEO has a studio here the main facility is in Kent and I don't know how they could customize programs.

For a long time they did have The Youngstown Report using local newspaper and TV news people, but they dropped it for some reason.

They can drive a person up the wall with re-runs of re-runs of re-runs day after day during their fund raisers, but they devote very little time to programming that is news related.

Why do they need to run the Lawrence Welk Saturday evenings and then again Sunday afternoon; The Antiques Roadshow two to three times a week; as well as This Old House; Home Time.

Again, every fund raising period they insist on cramming Cris Fenamore's cooking show down the viewers throat at least 5 times.

It use to be that they would do marathons of their most popular shows picking a different one each drive.

I know that until things change my family will no longer send them money.

ytowner

If I had the $$$ to get Youngstown Report on the air I would do it in a heartbeat. I don't like NewsNight Akron. I wonder why none of the Local Stations tried to pick up the show like Fox or the WB?

kitten44505

Is it just me or are others getting fed up with WNEO's constant re-running the same programs for weeks on end during their fund raising drive?

I enjoy the British Comedies and How To shows, but stop watching that station during their fundraising drives because year after year they drop their regular programs and run the same shows over and over again.

You would think that they would search for new programs to run during these periods which seem to get longer with each passing year.