News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Does 570 WKBN Know What Time it is?

Started by Rick Rowlands, January 15, 2015, 10:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Ain't there no spell check on the Vindy computers? It needs to be pointed out that the reporter types up the story, it goes to the composing room without passing through the "Copy Desk", and the folks convert it to the column size, cut and paste and slam it on the page unread. Time was that first the article was reviewed by Copy Editors in the Editorial Room, and then, after the type was set in the Composing room a "dummy" was printed out, and it was once again reviewed for spelling and puncuation before it was fitted to the page, but all that went away with the advent of these infernal computers.

AllanY2525

What's really sad is when I read the Vindicator online, and there are spelling and
grammatical errors in the articles.  I don't know why, but it's annoying when
editors/copy editors don't proof read the material prior to posting it online.

:/

Towntalk

Rick, you hit the spike square on the noodle (head for the uninformed west siders  ;D ) this is what the entire radio industry has devolved to, and there is no likelyhood that it will change because such blunders slide right over the heads of 90% of the listeners 100% of the time, and they will settle for half witted, blundering broadcasters just as they settle for the trash that passes for music and look down their noses at real music. On the whole, the American people have devolved into .... well I'll let you decide what I think about a whole lot of Americans.

Rick Rowlands

If you listen to 570 WKBN, at the top of the hour during the news announcements they state the time, and anymore it is wrong.  At noon they said it as 1 pm, and the other day at 3 pm they said it as 7 pm.   Dan Rivers also occasionaly says "now back to Rush" when Glenn Beck is on.

I know what i going on.  Each one of those little bites are individual recordings all stacked up and played one after the other.  Whoever puts all that stuff together apparently does shoddy work or they eliminated the person who made sure things got done right.

I also get a kick out of the weather forecast being repeated all day long, especially when they call for a high of a certain degree and its already 10 degrees higher than that.