News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Youngstown Shrimp Harvest"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 04, 2010, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penguins37

Also, did you get your fence up and finally seed the pond areas?

Penguins37

Just to clarify Shrimp, are you farming out on Thorn Hill as well?  Those ponds were suppose to be abandoned, right?

Shar

Are you going to answer Penguins37's question about having 6 ponds or do you just intend to ingnore the question as usual?

Rick Rowlands

Nothing strange about it.  There is a time for the press, and atime to get the work done.  I have found that its difficult to attend to the needs of reporters while also trying to get something done.  When we are moving equipment into the Heritage Park its stressful keeping tabs on the riggers, volunteers and still trying to give interviews and then making sure that photographers aren't in harms way.

Youngstownshrimp

Had a teleconference with Scot at WFMJ last week and they are very interested in having a demonstration on the morning show on cooking the Giant Malaysian Prawn.  Because harvesting ponds is very hard work, the press will be in the way.

Penguins37

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on September 04, 2010, 10:51:05 PM
We have six ponds to harvest and the harvest will be a private process so no press will be invited

Hmm, that is a little strange.

Penguins37

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on September 04, 2010, 10:51:05 PM
For those of you who are truly interested in witnessing (or helping)  the first commercial shrimp harvest in Youngstown send me a message.  We have six ponds to harvest and the harvest will be a private process so no press will be invited. 

I thought you were only allowed to have one shrimp pond location?  Am I mistaken?

Shar

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on September 08, 2010, 07:05:20 PM
Shar why don't you ask the parasite class if they will ever repay the taxpayers for the benefits they receive?  The parasites get SSI, food stamps, subsidized housing, WIC, and god knows what else, and never repay it back and do not create any wealth, jobs, or opportunities.

If Shrimp is creating wealth, jobs and opportunities then he should have the funds to pay his taxes.  As a taxpayer in the City of Youngstown I have personally subsitized the demolition of structures on properties owned by Shrimp and he has not reimbursed the City for that work.  If he cared for his properties in a responsible way, the City would not need to do this.  How is he any better than the so called "parasite class".  Do you pay your taxes, do you enjoy subsiding him or do you think we should all be responsible and carry our own weight?? 

northside lurker

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on September 08, 2010, 07:05:20 PM
Shar why don't you ask the parasite class if they will ever repay the taxpayers for the benefits they receive?  The parasites get SSI, food stamps, subsidized housing, WIC, and god knows what else, and never repay it back and do not create any wealth, jobs, or opportunities.

I believe it's illegal to not pay your taxes.  But, it is legal to receive government aid, if you need it.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

Rick Rowlands

Shar

Will you be using the proceeds from the sale of your prawns to repay a portion of the debt that you owe to the taxpayers of Mahoning County and the City of Youngstown?

09/09/10 - 8:13 AM
This post was reported as off topic.
Please note that the person reporting the post is not currently a contributor to this particular thread.

Youngstownshrimp

Allan, thank you but it is not me, the idea was brought forth by OSU.  I merely want to show that with our inexpensive land, we can produce a unique product that otherwise we import 2 billion worth every year.

AllanY2525

I think it would be great if Santisi's could retail the shrimp in their local stores.

They could proudly advertise the prawns as "LOCALLY GROWN".

Way to go Ron  - GOOD JOB SIR.

:)

Youngstownshrimp

Thanks for the few feedback, One interesting request was that if I would see if Santisi's wants to retail the prawns.  Royal Oaks asked for some Shrimp for a chef demonstration, I will follow up on the request for Santisi's to retail the shrimp.