News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

"Youngstown Shrimp Harvest"

Started by Youngstownshrimp, September 04, 2010, 10:51:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ForumManager

Sorry

This topic will now be  be locked  due to repeated moderation reports.
I made an attempt to comment in red regarding subject matter in the beginning but  at this point every new post now seems to be the subject of reports.

I was even drawn into the off topic discussion regarding water bills and past due property taxes.

Reports have been about:
Off topic posts
inflammatory posts

Perhaps new topics can be started

Youngstownshrimp

Yes, they can pinch with their claws but notice that only the dominant prawns have long blue claws, then the second order are the orange claws, smaller. 

Well, it seems that "westsider" decided to be honorable and tell us who he is, (deleted) . (deleted) since you called me a hypocrite, lets put the facts on the table.  I and my organization undoubtedly have paid more taxes, water, and demolition than you and most of the faceless on this forum in the last ten years.   My organization has cleared (taxes) up thru the tax cert. sales, more property than you or any of the faceless have owned in their life time forgive me if we couldn't do more.

Now that you came out of the closet (deleted), grace us with what you have done for your community.

ForumManager

Quote from: Youngstownshrimp on September 14, 2010, 01:06:53 AM
Despite the diversion by the faceless, I still am in awe of growing seafood on the eastside of Youngstown.

Nice! Do they try to bite - can they? 

Youngstownshrimp

Despite the diversion by the faceless, I still am in awe of growing seafood on the eastside of Youngstown.

Shar

I do know that the City will send a report to landlords that own more than 1 rental property so that they can monitor the water bills and payments on them if the bills are actually going to the tenant.  That won't help with a broken pipe but it will help the landlord if the tenant is just not paying the monthly bill.  I own one rental property and the bill comes to me and I pass it on to my tenant.  That way I can monitor that she is current with the bill.

northside lurker

Quote from: ForumManager on September 13, 2010, 09:06:41 PM
I have something to say about the water bills. When we purchased a hud property the water bill was $1200 and hud was required to pay it.   How ON EARTH does a water bill reach  $1200?  Failure to disconnect when the balance is at  reasonable amount seems like mismanagement on the part of the water department.

That's a good question.  My anecdote may be a possible answer.

Several years ago, I was walking to the bus, when I noticed that someone had broken the hose bibb from the side of the house.  Since the tenants had just been moving out, I guessed that they might have done it on purpose.  Anyway, there was a stream of water shooting about 3-4 feet from the side of the house.  I saw this around 6-7 AM, so the water may have been pouring all night.

That was visible.  I wonder how long a water break could go unreported if the water main in the basement was broken?
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

I have something to say about the water bills. When we purchased a hud property the water bill was $1200 and hud was required to pay it.   How ON EARTH does a water bill reach  $1200?  Failure to disconnect when the balance is at  reasonable amount seems like mismanagement on the part of the water department.

ForumManager

Numerous reports on this thread.  I fear I will need to close it.

Youngstownshrimp

Rick, I drove by the museum today to give you and your wife some fresh shrimp, call me and I can meet you.

Penguins37

No one has a problem with aquaculture, in fact I agree that it could be a great use for under utilized land.  Rather, people are having issues with the way that Ron has gone about his ponds.  All he has done is go to the east side buy up cheap property and rape the land for his own benefit.  The last time I saw the ponds they were still unseeded and there was no fence around the pond.  According to Ron's own statements the ponds are producing shrimp and a profit; if that is the case why is he not spending some of that revenue on these basic parts of his business plan?

Shar

Exactly Westsider.  Shrimp continues to refer to what he calls the "parasite" class on this board.  This is America and we are all entitled to our own opinions.  My opinion is that he is one of that "parasite" class as he calls it.  If there were others on the board that claimed to be "doers" and "savvy entrepreneurs" that had the trail of destruction behind them that he has, I would be critical of them as well.  Shrimp has chosen to let us all know his identity, even with his checkered past.  He should expect to find those that are skeptical of his motives.  I have yet to see him do anything except point the finger of blame at others for his past problems.  Bad tenants...bad partners...etc.

I own three parcels of property in the City of Youngstown and all taxes are current, never even a day late.  Water bills are current.  Again I will say that this is a public forum and nobody has any obligation to reveal their true names.  Shrimp chose to do so..

northside lurker

Quote from: Why?Town on September 13, 2010, 08:01:31 AM
Shar,

I'm sure that Shrimp's failed business venture represents a very small percentage of the abandoned/demolished houses that are/were/will have the tab picked up by the city.

Are you actively pursuing ALL the other former owners?

How about this, Are you actively pursuing ANY of the former owners?

If not, why not?

Quote from: Rick Rowlands on September 13, 2010, 08:26:30 AM
Because Shar has a vendetta against Youngstownshrimp.  As I stated earlier, since Shar is an alias there is no way that anyone can research if Shar has any owed taxes or mistakes in his/her past.

I can't speak for Shar.  But for me, I find it hypocritical that, if these accusations are true, Ron is shouting from all the virtual mountain tops about how he is a "doer" and not one of the "57%" in the city who are "parasites."  Perhaps if some of these other former property owners were doing the same thing on this board, Shar would be calling them out as well?

By the way, here are the 2 parcels of land I currently own: 53-068-0-222.00-0 and 53-068-0-221.00-0, so you can see I have the proper credentials.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
--Thomas Edison

ForumManager

Quote from: Penguins37 on September 13, 2010, 08:29:27 AM
Rick,
Your last post seems a bit off topic.  Remember we are discussing the shrimp harvest.  :)
If members are discussing the shrimp harvest then all posts regrading delinquent taxes, demolition and water bills are off topic.   Rick's comments relate directly to the accusations which were reported as inflammatory and off topic originally.  If one person's debts are being discussed,  discussion of others' debts is not necessarily out of line. 

Penguins37

Rick,
Your last post seems a bit off topic.  Remember we are discussing the shrimp harvest.  :)

Rick Rowlands

Because Shar has a vendetta against Youngstownshrimp.  As I stated earlier, since Shar is an alias there is no way that anyone can research if Shar has any owed taxes or mistakes in his/her past.