News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Roof Work For Rent

Started by jay, June 02, 2010, 04:23:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

shar would it be cool that we can bust this scam and make the vindy reporters look like highschool reporters.

Shar

LOL.....I always try to help when I believe that someone truly needs the help but I don't think this the case with these people.  I may be wrong, but I have watched their behavior far too long and I would rather give my help to someone who would appreciate it. 

iwasthere

shar it would be a great investigation piece for the vindy. shar maybe one of us should watch them at "work" and find out the truth about these people. it seems that i have alot of time on my hands if i suggested this endeavor. :D

Shar

Called the police many times about them.  The police would come and talk to them and leave.  I had the good fortune of watching these people out my office window for years as they begged for money.  I don't believe there is any roof work.  Food and other items that were given to them came directly back to the dumpster behind the St. Vincent DePaul.  They also had another friend with a dog that worked another corner.  Between 4:00 and 5:00 they would all meet at the corner with the two dogs and walk to their car to go home from "work" for the night. 

iwasthere

shar did you report this incident to the police. if this incident did happen and she was charged for public indentency then you have a legit compliment. like i said before, "by the grace of God go I. i will not condemn these people until i know their full personal story. this couple can be one of us or fam/frds; we do not know the future.

Shar

I can't imagine anyone letting these people put a roof on their house??   

I watched her last summer pull her pants down, sit down on the parking lot at the old St. Vincent DePaul building and urinate.  She stood back up, pulled her pants up and waved at everyone in the window at the public library.  I personally find that disgusting and wouldn't give them the time of day. 

iwasthere

i spoke to them last summer when they sat under a tree on midlothian with their sign. they NEVER asked me for money but i gave them a loaf of brd that they accepted. if one gives money to someone in that position it is the person's right. they stay at the home for rent by putting a roof on the individual's home where they are working. i see no scam going on there they promise a product and they deliver. if they are con artists they would have been arrested and thrown in jail by now. MY ADAGE IS: BY THE GRACE OF GOD GO I.

Rick Rowlands

All the days that this couple sat in front of the main library, not knowing (or not caring) that the key to their prosperity was waiting for them just behind those library doors.  I cannot have much sympathy for anyone who will not partake in the many opportunities available in this community to improve their lives.   They sit and wait for someone to drop a bunch of money on their heads.  Amazingly enough, thats the same strategy that the libs in this area have for Youngstown!

atek101

Does anyone know the story behind them? I've seen them around town quite a frequently.

jay

The couple with the "Will Do Roof Work For Rent" sign were on Oak Street today.