News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Krakusy Hall To Be Demolished

Started by jay, October 01, 2015, 05:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jay

jay

This is a WKBN story about the Krakusy time capsule.
wkbn.com/2016/01/08/time-capsule-finally-uncovered-at-youngstowns-krakusy-hall

I noticed the new seventh ward councilwoman is in this video coverage.  I believe she has a connection to Poland.   It's too bad she couldn't rally support for the building before its demolition.

AllanY2525

I read the article about the contents of the cornerstone - very interesting.

It would be great if the Vindy or someone could put the contents of the documents online for us to read.

jay

This was a line from the story in the Saturday newspaper.

Why the Krakusy Society sold the building in 2006.
"The situation was the neighborhood changed for the worst,"

This can be said about almost every neighborhood in Youngstown.

jay

QuotePolish culture moved to the subs.

I agree with you Iwasthere.   I know several people who belong to the few remaining Polish groups.  Almost every member of these groups now lives in the suburbs.

AllanY2525

Quote from: Rushblvd on January 06, 2016, 05:50:03 AM
If the City paid for it does the City own the property that it sat on..Just curious

If the city paid for the demo, it can place a demolition lien against the land... if the owner
doesn't pay it then eventually the city can use the lien to take possession of the property.

Demo'ing the property does not automatically convey legal ownership to the city.

jay

We are paying for the demolition of the Krakusy Building through the new Sanitation Enterprise Fund.

I've heard that the cost of the demolition is about $38,000.

Rushblvd

iwasthere on your next 5-Min with the Mayor ask him who paid for the demo...If the City paid for it does the City own the property that it sat on..Just curious

iwasthere

jay

Krakusy Hall was demolished today.

Another symbol of Youngstown's Polish heritage is now gone.

:'(

Towntalk

iwasthere

bruce paulette owns the property let him pay for the demolition of his bldg., not the city. >:(

jay

The former Krakusy Hall will be demolished soon.

The decline of South Avenue continues.