News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

ISSUE 2

Started by Towntalk, October 07, 2009, 03:37:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenneyjoe330

Would that be a Chinese Mandarin Communist language with a Capitalist twist ???  Do you think we would have English as a second language in elementry schools ?  Will the cows have to learn Mandarin too  :laugh:

rusty river

Quote from: sfc_oliver on October 10, 2009, 01:32:56 PM
Not as long as there are Americans like me Rusty.

Sorry sarge, but Capitalists outnumber Americans 10 to 1. Money talks, and soon it will be speaking Mandarin.

sfc_oliver

Not as long as there are Americans like me Rusty.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Dan Moadus

I agree with er,.........uh........uh, ( I can hardly say it) Irishbob. Even though I would like to see more done to see that animals are not mistreated, I think it can be achieved without amending our State's Constitution. The Constitution should only be used to define the big general principles that are used to base our laws upon. The treatment of livestock should be handled by legislation.

rusty river

Quote from: sfc_oliver on October 09, 2009, 07:11:25 PM
I believe that we can all agree that not only is the Military a part of the original USA but still a needed accessory. Of course if you want to disband the military, I would just have to wonder which language you'd like to learn?

Russian
Chinese
Farsi
???

In 10-20 years we're ALL going to be learning mandarin, military or no military. Get over it.

sfc_oliver

I believe that we can all agree that not only is the Military a part of the original USA but still a needed accessory. Of course if you want to disband the military, I would just have to wonder which language you'd like to learn?

Russian
Chinese
Farsi
???

rusty river

Quote from: sfc_oliver on October 09, 2009, 11:49:53 AM
I always question things that involves larger Government.

Like the military?

sfc_oliver

I always question things that involves larger Government.

iwasthere

if  dennis, sarge and rr are in TOTAL agreement then the world is coming to the end when the lion lays down with the lamb peace is at hand. :-X :o ;D

irishbobcat

I can't believe I am in agreement with RR and Sarge on this either....

we don't need another government agency set up that by the state constitution that can not be overseen by the legistlature or the dept of agriculture....

Towntalk

A followup on Dennis's 2002 article:

Buckeye Egg Farm closure stands

http://www.farmanddairy.com/news/buckeye-egg-farm-closure-stands/610.html

Dennis are you also opposed to the environmentalists that commit arson on homes, or animal activists that throw paint on women because they dare to wear a fur coat, or destroy SUV's in car dealers lots?

Of course there are corporate farms that go beyond the pale and deserve to be shut down.

Of course there are public officials that are on the take and should be jailed.

Do we punish those farms that are responsable right along with the companies like Buckeye Egg Farm?

irishbobcat

Towntalk

Good point Rusty. What did those poor animals do to deserve such a fate? It was men who had offended God, so why wipe out millions of innocent animals?

Noah was a wealthy man ... could it be that God was showing favoritism for the rich while murdering the poor?

Talk about a Holocaust. Hitler was a piker when it comes down to it, so does that mean that self respecting progressives should be athiests? Immagine drowning countless millions of men, women and children the world over.

rusty river

Quote from: Towntalk on October 07, 2009, 10:28:46 PM
Dennis:

Abraham was told to sacrifice his son as a test, and when he started to do it, God stopped him and gave him a lamb to sacrifice.

The Israelites sacrificed animals on the alter at the temple in Jerusalem at God's command.

Does that mean that God supported animal cruelity?

Obviously. Don't forget the massive animal drownings. And plagues #1, 2,4,5,6,7, and 10.

Towntalk

Dennis:

Abraham was told to sacrifice his son as a test, and when he started to do it, God stopped him and gave him a lamb to sacrifice.

The Israelites sacrificed animals on the alter at the temple in Jerusalem at God's command.

Does that mean that God supported animal cruelity?