News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Joe Wilson's outburst at Obama is costing him.

Started by rusty river, September 09, 2009, 11:34:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why?Town

"Flashback: Democrats Boo Bush At 2005 State Of The Union"
"President George W. Bush is booed and heckled by Democrats at his 2005 State of the Union address."

That's funny that a website called RealClearPolitics hosted that video. I watched it 5 times and it certainly isn't RealClear. I will admit to hearing some grumbling but failed to clearly hear a boo.

I also don't equate booing with implying the President is a liar.

I agree with Allen.

Since losing the White House, the republicans have been acting like really poor sports. It's almost like they'ed rather have the country fail than to work towards a common goal.  Wait a minute, now that I typed that, I realized that it seemed that way when they were in charge too.

C

irishbobcat

Joe Wilson should be censored. Heck, Even Traficant never pulled a stunk like that!

And Sarge agrees with his actions. I would like to see sarge yell "you lie" to one of his commanding officers during a speech. Sarge would still be locked up or
dishonorablely discharged!

AllanY2525

I think what he did was disrespectful to the President - and
should have waited until the proper time, place and venue.

I.m.h.o. - ANY president deserves a certain level of respect,
especially by other elected officials - at least in view of the
American People.

The man is entitled to his views and opinions, to be sure, but
he put himself in a very bad light by acting like a moron during
the President's speech - proper decorum should have been
observed.

sfc_oliver

I may look up his web site and send him a contribution. Took guts to say what he felt at that time. I'm only sorry he apologized.
<<<)) Sergeant First Class,  US Army, Retired((>>>

Rick Rowlands

Finally someone who said what most of us were thinking.

Towntalk

Wilson later called the White House and appologized for his outburst.

Now there is a jerk that should be defeated next election.

Wasn't the time ... wasn't the place!

rusty river

As of this posting, the non-profit group ActBlue, which solicits campaign contributions for democratic candidates nationwide, has raised $15,367 for Rob Miller's bid against congressional incumbent Joe Wilson (R-South Carolina), in the 2 1/2 hours following Wilson's outburst during the president's health care speech.

http://www.actblue.com/page/kossacks4miller

God bless America. And the internet.   ;)