News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

3rd Ward City Council Candidates Forum

Started by Peggy Gurney, March 31, 2015, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

I'm happy to report that our first 3rd Ward Candidate's forum was a resounding SUCCESS!

We had a much larger turnout than expected, despite the nasty weather.  The question and answer period went smoothly and the candidate's were precise and on point. 
The open discussion period went off without a hitch. Everyone was orderly, respectful, and brief.

The pastor and folks at Centenary Methodist Church where it was held, were very helpful.  A couple of their ushers stood at the door and passed out our literature, precinct maps, etc.
The pastor was so impressed with how well everything went, that he invited us to use their meeting rooms or other facilities for any future functions.

I just LOVE a happy ending.  :)
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

Someone brought this to my attention this morning.
Alli does indeed have a property on Fairgreen in the 3rd ward, at which he receives mail.  But that it has long been rumored that he actually, physically LIVES, on the south side.

IF this is the case, what are the legalities of his candidacy? Do you have to actually reside in the ward in which you are running for Councilperson? or does having a property with utilities and mail service suffice?
I have NO idea.

~ Normal is overrated ~

iwasthere

Quote from: PD on April 09, 2015, 09:44:23 AM
I heard Alli doesn't even live in the 3rd. That he lives on midlothian
Using address in third to run
if you have evidence abt this concern call all news outlets for them to investigate.

PD

I heard Alli doesn't even live in the 3rd. That he lives on midlothian
Using address in third to run

Peggy Gurney

The forum is tomorrow, Thursday April 9th.
If you live in, or have interests in, the 3rd ward, please plan to attend.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Peggy Gurney

This 3rd ward candidates forum will include a period of Q & A and a brief open discussion period.
It is NOT a debate.  We want to hear from each candidate what THEY have planned for the 3rd ward.

April 9th at 6 pm.  Centenary United Methodist Church
Corner of Belmont and Fairgreen Aves.

Flyer is attached.
~ Normal is overrated ~