News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Clerk Of Courts In Youngstown

Started by jay, January 08, 2015, 06:11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iwasthere

appointments are too political. I rather have it an elected position.

PD

Towntalk

Thank you for the clarification PD.

PD

Actually to correct everyone respectively

The clerk of courts is able to be appointed if Michelle Hagan puts it up for vote on the house floor.  Right now schiavone, gerberry, O'Brien would back if it was introduced
Certain people have tried for years for Bob hagan to do it but he never did anything
The court judges have said for years it should be appointed and not elected based on populations
Another option would be if ytown courts consolidated with lowelville, struthers and Campbell it would be appointed as well
If any of these ever happened the new clerk would be appointed by the Judges and would not need council approval
Michelle Hagan is our only hope for this and you know she will never do it

Towntalk

Perhaps that would be the best thing that could happen to that position, but that would mean that the person chosen would have to meet with the approval of Council and you know what that means. I shutter to think what would happen if the likes of the Gillam faction had the say. No doubt that they would demand that their choice be chosen or else. They may be going out of office but they are putting their lackey up for her seat and you can bet that she will be the power behind the throne telling him everythingto do or not do.

At least if the position were up for election, the decent people of Youngstown could have a say as to who the next Clerk of Courts was.

jay

Reason for the question

Judge Douglas retired and his position was not filled.  Someone stated that with only two municipal judges, the Clerk of Courts would become an appointed position.

Towntalk

I think so, are you considering running for that office?

jay

Is the Clerk of Courts position still an elected office in the City of Youngstown?