News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Forum Member May......

Started by jay, December 16, 2014, 08:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peggy Gurney

Hi Mary!  First time I've seen you post here, although I'm sure you have posted hundreds of time.  :)

I can never remember Vicky's last name is Turner-Allen or Allen-Turner. It is Turner-Allen on Facebook, ha.
I too think that Chris may run, and I don't think he's on this forum.  I really hope he does.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Mary_Krupa

Hey, Guys:  It's not me!  I am very passionate about Youngstown just as you are. It's what keeps me going living here under many deplorable conditions. BTW, don't ever show a newcomer our fair city on an overcast day, that would be an overpowering does of rustbeltitis.

There are several reasons why I wouldn't run for Council. One is that I don't like people enough to have patience to listen to them and I can't stand talking on the phone.  One of the things that a good public servant needs is excellent customer service. That means returning phone calls! Haha!! Also, I do not like being in very many meetings.

However, thank you all for the vote of confidence.

BTW, Victoria's last name is Allen and she is very good. Terry Esarco would be good, too, and he is with the Green Party as am I. My favorite would be Maggy Lorenzi, though.  I believe Chris Travers is thinking of running, too, but I am not sure if Chris is on this forum.
Mary Krupa
"We the People..."

Towntalk

And we would be extremely proud and honored to appoint you as our Chairman, my friend, proud and honored indeed.

jay

If all of the Forum members mentioned do indeed run for office, we might just have the makings of a new political party, The Forum Party.

Towntalk

If all the named folks throw their hats in the ring, the 6th might finally get the representation that it so desperately needs.

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on December 17, 2014, 09:22:10 AM
Then there is Maggie Lorenzi. I believe that she is also in the 6th Ward.
Who is Victoria Turner?

Vicky is (or was?) a member of the 7th Ward Citizens Coalition (7WCC), is president of the ICU neighborhood blockwatch, among many other things.  Very active on the south side. Heard tell she was going to run for 7th ward council seat - until the ward lines were redrawn. Now that she's in the 6th ward, she may very well run for 6th ward council seat.  I hope she does.
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Then there is Maggie Lorenzi. I believe that she is also in the 6th Ward.
Who is Victoria Turner?

Peggy Gurney

Quote from: Towntalk on December 17, 2014, 07:39:11 AM
She is in the 6th Ward but I'm sure that she would get the support of the South Side umbrella group.

Victoria Turner?  Perhaps
~ Normal is overrated ~

Towntalk

Another would be our own iwasthere. He is the most active bloke I know, whether it's City Council meetings or whatever. Again, under the new setup, he would be in the 6th Ward.

Towntalk

She is in the 6th Ward but I'm sure that she would get the support of the South Side umbrella group.

jay

Mary was not the person I heard about.

If both of you feel Mary would be a good candidate, please encourage her to run for office.

Towntalk

If it is Mary, she has my vote 100%.

Youngstownshrimp

Yesterday I met Mary kruppa and was impressed with her passion for the city. She should run.

Towntalk

Peggy Gurney

IF I agree with their views, then I certainly would support them any way I could.

~ Normal is overrated ~