News:

FORUM HAS BEEN UPGRADED  - if you have trouble logging in, please tap/click "home"  and try again. Hopefully this upgrade addresses recent server issues.  Thank you for your patience. Forum Manager

MESSAGE ABOUT WEBSITE REGISTRATIONS
http://mahoningvalley.info/forum/index.php?topic=8677

Main Menu

Local Political Campaign Materials

Started by jay, April 29, 2014, 04:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Towntalk

Answer to your question is yes, there are people who collect political campaign items such as posters and button, especially presidential campaign material, but I doubt that there is any market for local stuff. If the items are in mint condition, they can be sold on eBay provided you don't ask a high price. There are on-line resources that can guide you in pricing your items.
Campaign buttons should be placed in a plastic container, and posters should be placed between two sheets of light weight cardboard, and closed with a piece of scotch tape on each side, but not on the poster itself. Do not fold or roll up the posters as that will diminish their value.
Other campaign material ... pencils, nail files, etc have no value to collectors, but political cards and fliers for Presidential campaigns do have some value, but do not expect to make a huge amount on any of the items unless they are extremely rare.
If I were you, and had any significant local campaign material, I'd consider donating it to the Historical Society.
I did have a poster that announced a Cleveland Victory Party that was to be held at Spring Commons, but it's condition was not the best, so it had little value as it was printed on news print paper, was folded, had tears in it and was fragile due to its age.

jay

Recently Towntalk mentioned that she found some old political campaign items in a junk drawer.  Does anyone actually collect these old local campaign items?

I have an "Elect Belinky Mahoning County Commissioner" nail file.